NL320

thor

Yep with some mods I should be able to run a rad and intercooler up front. But that's the least of my worries at this point haha

Also if anyone is in the market for a 320 motor/trans, wiring harness, steering setup, rear suspension and front suspension let me know. If I can make a few bucks and help someone out then I would like to otherwise the stuff is going to scrap metal.

There are these bolts that hold the lower control arms on the front suspension mounts/bushings, if you were able to get them out without destroying them, I would have a use for them, if you dont.

BTW, is the transmission you have to sell a column shift or floor shift type, I thought this would be important to know, 65 had both types.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I have found the rear end I'm going to likely use...just need to get it to my garage and narrow it.

I'll post pics later this week when I get it.

I'm also trading a guy locally the 5spd I got with the motor for an auto so I dont have to deal with the shifter sitting near the back of the cab LOL

Wayno these the ones you are talking about?

c9eba20c.jpg

Motor roughly in place with steering rack

479039e2.jpg

5305113a.jpg

a4bbe480.jpg

I'll have to fine tune it once I get my trans but this currently will clear the firewall and the hood with the body drop.

Picking up my rear end tomorrow...hurray for days off work!

Ok I'll find out shipping cost tomorrow afternoon

Thanks thor, you are sure that you don't need them, I don't want to mess you up, I am going to have to ruin mine to get it out, I tried real hard, first I figured out a way to get a shaft lined up on the bolt like this, but I missed the shaft and dented my perfect valance. :(

DSCN0185.jpg

After I missed and dented the valance I found a piece of metal to stand in front of the shaft so I could swing really hard.

DSCN0187.jpg

I swung as hard as I could about twenty times before I gave up and put the thing back together, as I didn't want it unmovable.

Mike is making me a set of Z'd control arms to lower the front about 3 inches, so I am going to have to ruin the bolts to get them out, and that is why I need another set of bolts.

Nope I don't see that I'll need them as the torsion bars are out too. These came out really easy with a few taps from a hammer and punch. But as you can see they had no rust inside which was a shock. Actually I've only broken 3 bolts disassembling the truck so far which is surprising

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't made much progress lately as I'm trying to track down an auto for my ca18 to get the motor in the right place.

Did get my custom plate for it though :D

9cab0737.jpg

• 3 months later...

Ok this update has been seriously behind. Ive been working lots so my enthusiasm has really gone down...but I am making progress

IRS narrowed (still need to build the braces to put it together)

7248ead9.jpg

My messy ass garage lol but thats all Im left using of the stock frame haha

da2f7a07.jpg

eef4d123.jpg

And finally today some progress

14940472.jpg

Oh and finally my rendering by below grade designs :)

320Rendering.jpg