just bought a 710

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dude you have a sweet 710 like mine. Yours is a 1974 710 Sedan. You can tell its a Sedan only from 74 if the tail lights are more oval then a oval square thing. And the back window. The 710 coupe had a little marking thing and also it was smaller. Dude I SERIOUSLY cant wait to see what you do to it. Good Luck

not really digging the front spoiler too much, but that should be a sick car when you get the rust all gone and stuff!! Nice find!! Cant wait to see the project!!

Really? that's actually one of the things i like about it, that and the roll cage the old dude put in it...:fu:yeah!!! im kinda torn between what swap to do. whether to stay nissan or go rotary...

I am jealous I want a 74 710 bad... I found this racecar about a year ago and Troy Ermish bought it and restored it and it made its first race weekend in almost 21 years last weekend and finished 8th on saturday and 15th on sunday (Blackflagged for an oil leak onto the header) such a cool car I hope you plan on finishing it DONT give up PLEASE..!

troys036.jpg

I am jealous I want a 74 710 bad... I found this racecar about a year ago and Troy Ermish bought it and restored it and it made its first race weekend in almost 21 years last weekend and finished 8th on saturday and 15th on sunday (Blackflagged for an oil leak onto the header) such a cool car I hope you plan on finishing it DONT give up PLEASE..!

troys036.jpg

this pic's BA!! i'll keep you guys updated. that cage looks familiar. i have the same one in mine.

is your cage welded in??? and if you dont mInd me asking what was the guys name that you bought it from? DO NOT let anybody mess those flares up I havent been able to find them anywhere those are a piece of vintage history :D by the way stay NISSAN /DATSUN

Clayton

Really? that's actually one of the things i like about it, that and the roll cage the old dude put in it...:fu:yeah!!! im kinda torn between what swap to do. whether to stay nissan or go rotary...

And, It's gotta be Nissan, all the way. Rotary conversions are cool, but I am a purist (and may catch flak for this): Nissan Parts for Nissan Cars, plain and simple.

is your cage welded in??? and if you dont mInd me asking what was the guys name that you bought it from? DO NOT let anybody mess those flares up I havent been able to find them anywhere those are a piece of vintage history :D by the way stay NISSAN /DATSUN

Clayton

yes it's welded...and i agree on the flares. nice touch. the guy's name is claude can't remember his last name...

I like the spoiler! The car is mean looking, the flares look awesome! I enjoy fixing rust, its like an art. When Hainz saw my 68 2 door he said I should throw it away because it had so much rust. Now he tells me not to drive it in the rain haha :D If your buddy doesn't do it get a welder and just do a little at a time while you drive it. Keep us updated.

I like the spoiler! The car is mean looking, the flares look awesome! I enjoy fixing rust, its like an art. When Hainz saw my 68 2 door he said I should throw it away because it had so much rust. Now he tells me not to drive it in the rain haha :D If your buddy doesn't do it get a welder and just do a little at a time while you drive it. Keep us updated.

will do!! i deliver freight for a living(trucking) and i stumbled on to this guy today:mellow: who had a toyota starlet with a sr20de-t looked sick... he says he has this body guy who can work magic! so i took his number, he car looked hella clean. and the rust was 15% worst than mine...so there's hope! i'll keep you guys posted and thanks for the warm welcome...