just bought a 710

will do!! i deliver freight for a living(trucking) and i stumbled on to this guy today:mellow: who had a toyota starlet with a sr20de-t looked sick... he says he has this body guy who can work magic! so i took his number, he car looked hella clean. and the rust was 15% worst than mine...so there's hope! i'll keep you guys posted and thanks for the warm welcome...

if i may offer a bit of advice though make sure the guy doing the rust repair is good cause the stuff that needs to be repaired is not just body pannels its a unibody car that is also you frame though im sure you knew that :P cant wait to see it done maybe afterwards we can meet up and take some shots are you gonna keep it yellow that would be sick a black and yellow 610 and a black and yellow 710 side by side:D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix

Hi.

New to the site.

Hello my buddies "Zerow" and "Bonvo".

Congratulations on a cool Datsun. I also have a 710 ( 1974 2 door ). I love this 710 you've gotten. I like flares, and overfender flares are my favorite kind ( like your car's). I would jump off the empire state for a set.....( not that bad...but close;) )

I like that spoiler too. Overseas 710's ( non US versions ) have facotry aprons that are nice, seat low like a spoiler. The US versions ( my car, your car ) are tall, off the ground ( probably because the big "Park Bench" 5mph bumpers covered the area, Datsun saving metal using smaller aprons in cars whose aprons were not visible ).

In other words, I like it! 2500 for rust repair is a steal, like someone said before!. And all that work will take a while, so you will not need to pay it all at once.

It is a great investment, think about it. For 2500 bucks, you would buy a .....plastic FWD {"Wrong Wheel Driven"} piece of a car. Add to that decades of smog tests and nightmares.......instead you have a Datsun 710, cool, unique, sporty, with no strings attached ( yeah, try modifying a plastic Honda....then having to get all the stuff off upon smoging....:blink: )

You got it made dude.

On the engine swap question. My advise, think about rust/body repair. The engine is the least of your problems.

Drive it with that cool L20B 5 speed ( what my 610 has ), then you will have plenty of time to think .

Jaime.__________________________________________________________

Hi.

New to the site.

Drive it with that cool L20B 5 speed ( what my 610 has ), then you will have plenty of time to think .

Jaime.__________________________________________________________

good to see you on here bro and driving it with the l20b will make you more parcial to the set up:D

Hi.

New to the site.

Welcome Jaime! Good to see you here my friend. I am sure you will see that we are more talkative here than the 610 forum through Yahoo (still my friends, though)

Looking forward to seeing more posts from you in the future! Welcome to the Ratsun Community! :)