Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rocking it at Home Depot pickup up some supplies for the dash restore:

8559144778_108330b8df_z.jpg

Not done with the grille restore, but figured I would throw it on for Saturdays meet up:

8559144914_e35ab1ebfe_z.jpg

Parked her back at home after a nice drive around Silverdale running errands:

8558038949_4106ebaaa6_z.jpg

LEDs arrive so that I can update the cluster lights. Debating if I should just swap them into the current dash, or wait until the dash restore is complete at do everything together:

8558039143_b912075dce_z.jpg

LEDs arrive so that I can update the cluster lights. Debating if I should just swap them into the current dash, or wait until the dash restore is complete at do everything together:

8558039143_b912075dce_z.jpg

are those new holders too?

or are they special for the LEDs?

are those new holders too?

or are they special for the LEDs?

New holders. They are just generic twist-lock bulb holders. Since I was doing a full restore on the dash, I wanted to buy as many items brand new that I could. Also, on the second dash I picked up, it was missing two holders. For as cheap as they were I just bought all new plus a few extras just in case. 

You can reuse your stock holders if you so choose. 

I havnt read up in a while and missex all the pics on 67 68, and I have to ad, I had a huge level of anticipation for page 69... and it wasnt at all what I was hoping. But im going to hope back thru it later to try and see all your goodies from said blank pics, if they pop back up.

I havnt read up in a while and missex all the pics on 67 68, and I have to ad, I had a huge level of anticipation for page 69... and it wasnt at all what I was hoping. But im going to hope back thru it later to try and see all your goodies from said blank pics, if they pop back up.

Damn... I didnt realize those were missing. I accidentily deleted a folder earlier and thought I fixed them all. I guess not. Ill fix them. Thanks for the heads up man. 

Thank God for the iCloud Photostream!

Edit: Pictures fixed. 

post the pic of your wreck climbing adventure...........spider pants in action

So I swung by the junkyard today to see if anything new arrived... found this 620 hiding way off in the back corner. Went to scope it out to see if it had an EI dizzy in it. Here it is high up on its perch:

8560995656_4ca336c9a3_z.jpg

Here is me three cars high standing on the side window of like a Grand Prix:

8559888159_cee8988f01_z.jpg

Luckily all the work wasnt for naught as there was an EI in it. Day was a success. 

• Like 4

Damn, I didn't know you had the balls!  ;)  Some of the cars that are ground-level, teetering on a tripod of welded spare stands at the yards sketch me out when I climb into them.... that stacked shit is no fucking bueno!  

Yeah, for this yard you have find what you want first then tell the guy youre going to pull it. I asked if it was cool for me to climb up there and hes like "Whatever you want to do man... Im pretty sure the dizzys not in there though, otherwise I would have sold it. I dont see it in my inventory." I was sure I could see it from the ground because there was no grille on the truck. So I climbed up there in the name of Datto parts and got that bitch out.

It was pretty sketchy. There were no foot holds and I had to walk across the side windows on that Grand Prix... I was pretty close to slipping a few times, but I remembered my elite Navy Seal training and made it happen like a bawse. 

• Like 1
Our navy seals were girl pants? Awwww shit lolol kid

Yeah, I know you dont get much exposure to people fighting for your country, but when you get out of high school maybe youll learn a thing or two about what military uniforms look like ;)

lol.... Brody has talked about how a tight, lady's daisy duke sailor outfit would look good on you.....  :rofl:

Haha Id rock it, Im not shy... you should have seen an outfit I wore for Halloween one year. Im pretty sure I could have gotten in trouble since I was still in the Navy and I was wearing actual Navy uniform items. Thats kind of a no-no. 

Appointment on Monday to get my sunroof and fender mirrors installed. Looks like I might be trading design services for the work which is nice. No money out of pocket makes for a good day.