Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

Jeez... I didn't know I was opening up such a can with the paint code.

911 seems like the paint code for the 510...

P1040803.jpg

This is exactly the color of my goon. I was trying to track down the color code because I need to paint up a new driver door eventually. My door is all messed up with no hope for revival.

I think this car was for sale on Craigslist somewhere around Oregon City a few months after I bought my goon? Sometime in mid 2011 if I remember? It was so tempting, but I was already committed. It would have been awesome to have two different body style 510s in the same color.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez... I didn't know I was opening up such a can with the paint code.

This is exactly the color of my goon. I was trying to track down the color code because I need to paint up a new driver door eventually. My door is all messed up with no hope for revival.

I think this car was for sale on Craigslist somewhere around Oregon City a few months after I bought my goon? Sometime in mid 2011 if I remember? It was so tempting, but I was already committed. It would have been awesome to have two different body style 510s in the same color.

^^^thats a nice truck

my goon and 521 truck share the same color ...really want a matching four door ...there was one on cl a while back up in seattle all original but it was pretty rusty....quarters were gone.....

That green looks good with the whitewalls. I guess it really doesn't matter what my stock color is since I don't plan to go back to it... I've already 100% decided on the new color.

It took me a couple days longer than anticipated, but I finally reassembled my horns. I just need to install them. Pics once that happens.

I've got a busy weekend:

Saturday- Junkyard, clean out the car, horn install, clean the mini garage, remove tires off Aero rims, and continue wire tuck planning.

Sunday- GGmeet, grab L16 block from DatWifey/Bromaho, fend off honderps, and possibly purchase a rebuilt L20b.

I assume so. I haven't hooked them back up yet, but they should. I split them in half as the bottoms are just complete cast aluminum while the tops have copper wire and plastic bits in them. I assumed the tips wouldn't make it through the heat so I only powdered the bottoms and spray painted the tops.

There were some paper gaskets in between the halves as well as the diaphragm that I should have replaced, but I'm sure it will still work. I'll update that tomorrow once I plug them back in.

I'm also on the lookout for a 70s 510 radiator. I was trying to figure out why I wasn't 100% happy with the stripped look of mine and realized mine is square with deep grooves with the 70s style is dome topped with shallow grooves. It also doesn't have aluminum brackets brazed on the top covering some of the brass.

If you're in the Puget area with a good physical condition radiator, I'm interested.

Did some general maintenance... New plugs and wires (plus a little more cleaning)

8075780338_408644405c_z.jpg

No matter how much I clean up the bay, that battery/starter area kills it. I really need to take care of it.

Also picked up these in a trade (better picture when I get them out of the car):

8075788545_13e6dc3f51_z.jpg

Still haven't I stalled them yet. I've been going to the JY with all my spare time it seems and although the horns are back together, I'm contemplating reading them apart to put gaskets in them.

I has last night off, so maybe today I'll fix the horns.

i did see the pic of u and tristin hugging with hip touching..lol...

i live in oly any way...we will meet up at some point just know if some wierdo slaps u in the nuts its probably me...and its jon.....i dont solicite hookers nor am i a portapotty.....

get it john...lol

Oh, you've oopen that shit right up, all your fault...

Got more examples of dragon green...

green-07.jpg

green-05.jpg

green-04.jpg

Of course, not mine. Came from the 521 photo gallery

I took those pics. You can see my old black 620 :D

That thing was super clean, sorta like how your engine bay is. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

dope car. Respect.

2eDeYe' timestamp='1350067944' post='774505']

sorta like how your engine bay is. :cool:

Thanks guys.

So mostly just been dailying this thing. Shes been doing really well. I have like 100 projects Im trying to get done so things have been a little crazy. All was good until the other morning:

8121113016_b3ab12f0a7_z.jpg

8123858043_0609e5789f_z.jpg

8123857507_47652ba009_z.jpg

I must be the fucking King of Flats.

As I drove past the car to call AAA, I noticed some papers on my windshield. I though it was just my luck that I would receive a ticket as well as the flat. Turns out I got these:

8123858829_121fc5e1ef_z.jpg

8123858455_35590eb55d_z.jpg