flares on a 4 door 510?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its possible, actually

Its been asked here, too. Search around.

Putting flares on a 4 door will require some work. Either metal flares or the ZG flares. you will have to cut them up so the back doors will open unless you plan on closing off the back doors for good and welding them up...

http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11313&start=45

Dude its alot of work to do it RIGHT

just because your got soem flairs dont mean you go to use them and spend more money on the car than need be.

If you dont have alot of rust(good way to hide it under flairs) then keep it straight. straight 4 drs are COOL

Plus if you dont have 10k in the bank . DONT DO IT!!!!!!!

Im not being a Dick and I have a ex 4 door box flair 510 converted to a 2 door!!! DONT TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then finding the right wheels and tires next to fill it in right. Looking at your avatar the wheels you got are fine and cost nothing more$$$$$$$

Dude its alot of work to do it RIGHT

just because your got soem flairs dont mean you go to use them and spend more money on the car than need be.

If you dont have alot of rust(good way to hide it under flairs) then keep it straight. straight 4 drs are COOL

Plus if you dont have 10k in the bank . DONT DO IT!!!!!!!

Im not being a Dick and I have a ex 4 door box flair 510 converted to a 2 door!!! DONT TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then finding the right wheels and tires next to fill it in right. Looking at your avatar the wheels you got are fine and cost nothing more$$$$

Dude... it's his car. I personally love flared 4 doors... even more when the rear doors are functional.

And I'm pretty sure he knows about the wheels... anyone who is considering flares knows they will need wider wheels lol

one of my wished was to put flares on my car, its a whole lot of work and actually, you can also get a badass look without them, I discarded the idea, but went a different way with the other datsun.

let the flares for 2 doors and Z's, but if you have the money, time and skills to do them, go ahead is your car but dont come back saying that you regret it, its a piggy bank haha

well the prob im runnin into is i want to run wider tires without rubbing issues and the car is going to be sitting low at times ...also im putting a sr in it so the extra tire width would be nice....and the tires i have now are 6.5's and they rub the fender lip in the rear and the cotrol arm when fully lowered onto bump stops.... granted that i havent tried rolling the fenders in the rear yet..but i also have bre style fender flares up front...so unless someone wants to trade straight up for regular fiberglass front fenders....not putting flares in the rear would be kinda silly eh?

well the prob im runnin into is i want to run wider tires without rubbing issues and the car is going to be sitting low at times ...also im putting a sr in it so the extra tire width would be nice....and the tires i have now are 6.5's and they rub the fender lip in the rear and the cotrol arm when fully lowered onto bump stops.... granted that i havent tried rolling the fenders in the rear yet..but i also have bre style fender flares up front...so unless someone wants to trade straight up for regular fiberglass front fenders....not putting flares in the rear would be kinda silly eh?

6.5 tires? you mean rim's?

• 1 month later...

How much of that rubber is actually in contact with the ground though?

On the car I mentioned, pretty much all of it. 1 degree negative camber, but very full contact patch.

I'm running 205-50-15s with rolled fenders and normal camber. It's a pretty tight fit...

1. Offset is everything.

2. You can put a little notch in the lower control arm where the rim hits it and run an even wider wheel.

This car had a 16x8 +20 and 215/40-16 tires, with just rolled fenders.

As you can see, not really any negative camber in the rear.

Picture_134s1.jpg

Close-up. Note plenty of clearance all around, and no rub marks on the tire. ;)

Picture_129s.jpg

• Like 1

6.5 rims 195/55R15 tires....would love to run 7" rim with 205 45R16 tires

Also, FYI...

One of my previous cars - 16x7 +15, 205/45-16 tires, nothing but rolled lips.

102homer16-3.jpg

Obviously not a 4dr, but based on my experiences with the blue car, it would have worked perfectly on a 4dr.

Need more pictures of the notching of the control arms! would love to run 215/45ZR15's. DATSUNFREAK what offset where you running on the blue 4 door?

That rear wheel is a +33 with a 10mm spacer, so should be +23 after that. Just a few millimeters away from the control arm, plenty of clearance at the fender lip. To fit that tire, you're probably going to want a wheel in the +10 to +15 range, or long studs and spacers with higher offset wheels (+30 to +40).

FWIW, the bigger you go on wheel diameter the better the clearance, as in you can fit a wider 17" wheel than you can a 15" wheel.

well I need to be able to run 15's...so say I notch the control arms and roll the fenders run 15x7 rims with +4" backspacing with 225/45rz15's would it work?......if not im going to cry :crying:

Get out the Kleenex.

I am seriously doubtful that is going to fit. That offset is too aggressive for that wide a tire.

But hey, if you run pretty firm springs, and don't run low enough to tuck the tire, it will "fit". The tire face will be even with the fender lip, and if the springs are firm enough it shouldn't bang into the fender lip on a bump.

Only one way to find out though. :thumbup:

Most aggressive I've done is a 15x8 +0 with a 195/50-15. That was incredibly tight.

little_nicky_005.JPG