Dreaming of the glory days.

Drove a friends 2011 Altima tonight. It was NICE. LED cluster, keyless entry and remote start, but I couldn't dig it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it but It wasn't my thing. Hell, I'm 20 and everyone else my age is driving Sentra SE-R's, 240's, and Civics.

Kinda thought of Hitches thread.. I got back in my 620 and enjoyed my all drum brakes, carb'd pickup all the way home with John Denver playing over my tiny '4 speakers.

I think my obsession with Datsuns stems from my obsession with the older days. As a kid, I dreamed of climbing into an Olds 442 Cutlass and racing between stoplights going to the drive in movies to watch the new movies.

I don't really know why I'm so old school, because I didn't really grow up on it. I heard the stories and watched the movies, but my dad didn't drive a '67 C10 with a wild 427. The oldest I'd ever worked on was an old Chevy G20 with a 305 and TH350.

A lot of people tell me that I'm an old man in a kids body, and I can really see that lately. Theres just something about new cars that doesn't quite to it for me. I think the simplicity of old shit just astounds me. It's so easy to take some old POS from the woodline somewhere run again, but for some reason people throw away a perfectly good early 2000's car because of a list of simple issues. I suppose it just speaks for the quality of newer cars. Perhaps it's just simply because people these days don't take pride in their cars like they used to. If you had told me 5 years ago that on this day, I'd be addicted to driving old ass imports I would have laughed.

I spoke to a guy tonight that shared the same feelings on this topic. He approached me at work looking for parts for some Jeep. I kinda chuckled and mentioned something about how cars aren't like how they used to be. He countered that mentioning that he remembered the days when if your car didn't start, you kicked the starter, changed the plugs (or whatever related to the problem) and before he finished his sentence, I interrupted him rambling off things like point gap, condenser, and the other obvious things. He laughed and mentioned that the little banana outside must be mine. We talked for a little while, shook hands, and went our ways.

After that, one of my regulars came in with this cool little '85 Plymouth Reliant. Explained his issue after installing the new reman carb. I grabbed a pack of vacuum caps off the shelf and pulled off his air cleaner. He explained that his car was running like crap. He couldn't get above 30mph and is was running like shit under throttle. I capped two extra vacuum ports (weird little Holley) and sent him on his way. He called me ecstatically telling me that I'm the shit and It was exactly the issue. I kinda smiled. Everyone else thought the car was a POS but I think it's a neat little thing.

The car world is WILD these days. Everyone thinks they're an enthusiast and expert, but can't gap a set of points or even understand how points work. Simplicity is out dated so are the 'real' enthusiasts. We're all being replaced by punks in Honda's and douche's in 240's who thinks they're old school.

In a few decades, all the TRUE OG's will be gone and we'll be thinning out like my grandpa's hair. I guess the best I can do is keep trying to understand how all this old shit goes together, because in a short few decades no'one's gonna be left to show us how. Hell, in 100 years, everything we have now will be rusted away and just pictures in the pages of a text book. I think the reason I'm addicted to Ratsun the most is because Ratsun is a community of people that seem to share similar ideals.

Maybe I'm just a little crazy, but I think in the 60's we were better off then we are now. I'd like to say that I have faith in humanity, but I think where we're at RIGHT NOW is the best it will ever be again. I see the world for what it is. I'm generally pretty happy with my life, but I can't help but reminisce. My childhood was the shit.

• Like 5
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda thought of Hitches thread.. I got back in my 620 and enjoyed my all drum brakes, carb'd pickup all the way home with John Denver playing over my tiny '4 speakers.

A lot of people tell me that I'm an old man in a kids body

The car world is WILD these days. Everyone thinks they're an enthusiast and expert, but can't gap a set of points or even understand how points work. Simplicity is out dated so are the 'real' enthusiasts. We're all being replaced by punks in Honda's and douche's in 240's who thinks they're old school.

In a few decades, all the TRUE OG's will be gone and we'll be thinning out like my grandpa's hair. I guess the best I can do is keep trying to understand how all this old shit goes together, because in a short few decades no'one's gonna be left to show us how. Hell, in 100 years, everything we have now will be rusted away and just pictures in the pages of a text book. I think the reason I'm addicted to Ratsun the most is because Ratsun is a community of people that seem to share similar ideals.

Maybe I'm just a little crazy, but I think in the 60's we were better off then we are now.

My childhood was the shit.

YES

I can't agree with you any more.

lol i'm 40 year old when it comes to cars... 16 year old when it comes to brains :lol:

Maybe I'm just a little crazy, but I think in the 60's we were better off then we are now. I'd like to say that I have faith in humanity, but I think where we're at RIGHT NOW is the best it will ever be again. I see the world for what it is. I'm generally pretty happy with my life, but I can't help but reminisce. My childhood was the shit.

For me '72 and the 10 years before were the best that it ever could be. Those...... were the 'Good Old Days' for me. Curiously this coincides with leaving the teen years behind and the end of cheap gas.

climbing into an Olds 442 Cutlass and racing between stoplights going to the drive in movies to watch the new movies.

^

Beginning of my dads stories.

I think my obsession with Datsuns is from my love of simplicity. Life now is too complicated, and in way to much of a hurry.

Opened the hood on a 2008 pontiac today, ollz. No comment.

We dream of the days our parents tell us about because regardless of whatever hardships they may have faced, they still sound a hell of a lot better than what we got to deal with.

• Like 1

Monk... I think I like you. It feels like you are trying to have an original thought... or at least trying to think... sniff, sniff, wasszat... sumpin' toasting? Oh, it's Monkey's brain in critical thinking mode.

Monk... dude... hey man... wake up. There you go, it's all right, you'll be OK... you were asleep... must have been dreaming.

You know Mike, I was thinking the other day watching the two year old across the street. He is going to grow up in the middle of all this technology. Two and he can read, count and has figured out how to work all these electronic toys and stuff. We remember when not everybody had a car, dial phone or black and white TV. No Zip codes, no area codes. Probably everybody had a radio and read the newspaper. You could drop out of school, go down join a union, get a job, have a family, house, car... the American Dream. This kid will have to have a hell of an education to compete in any way in this economy and society for that matter.

We came up watching a couple channels of B&W TV, to Color, then remoter control, then VCRs, then a little company in Northern California made a box that controlled the first computer graphics for sports and entertainment (Grass Valley Group). Then there was MTV and all of a sudden all the Movie film and TV images we had grown up watching, started getting spit out at us every two seconds, then there were CDs and Jobs and Gates. We all know folks a little older than we are, who had a hard time adjusting to commercials, and just about everything else media wise, information wise, coming at them faster than they could relate to it. Our lives have sped up so much in the digital age.

I was walking down a wide sidewalk yesterday. Nobody around except this guy walking towards me a block away. He is texting and weaving down the sidewalk never looking up. I hug the absoulute edge of the sidewalk on the right side, my direction of travel. I even slow down because he looks like he is not going to ever look up and run into me. At the last possible moment as i was about to stop, he looks up, thrusting his device out in front of himself like a curb feeler. Both thumbs in the air poised to resume mad texting as soon as the navigational issues were sorted out. He looks at me like, Oh my, we're not in Kansas anymore!! Aaahh, resume texting!!

We understand how things work mostly, or better maybe. not understanding the technology but knowing how to use it as a tool to achieve desired results. Kids coming up will have a giant learning curve to assimilate things that we have over time adapted. But they will, and at a faster rate probably. And they will have to stay in a state of constant learning, adapting and reinvention to even survive. They may never understand how things got to where they are, but what the new 'tools' are in the digital hyper connected world, and how they work.

Ok, so... wait there... Mr. Monk... blood, you still with me here? All right Dood... I sensed that you were noddin' off on me there. My grandparents lived the Dream totally. They came up through the depression and that is all I ever hear from them. Shit, I was in Jr High before I even know what the fuck they were talking about... but just about every other subject started out with... well during the depression... during the depression we went down to the docks and bought cases of dented cans, sold the good ones and ate the dented ones.

My parents lived the dream too. But all I ever heard outta them was; during the War... during the war, we had gas rationing and you couldn't buy cars or tires or even meat and shit... The 50's sucked in their own way, but here is where the Dream really got cemented into the collective consciousness.

The 60's were a double edged sword. A whole generation of little Metalmonkeys got shipped of to South East Asia to rain death and maybe not ever come back. Then too, a lot of things got started that were cool on paper, but are even now still getting worked out in practice... Civil rights, Voter's rights, Equal rights. Women's rights, the drug war, etc.

Every Monkey morning, when you go into the bathroom an look at your hung over blood shot Monkey eyes... You need to say; Muthafokk, I iz won lucky Metalmonkey. Lucky that I don't haz to deal with the Draftboard.

Hey, want to fantasize about seeing Black Sabbath at Fillmore in '70, or Deep Purple, Zep, Alice, Iggy, the fucking Tubes... my friend's band opens for AC/DC and puts me on the guest list, we end up snorting blow off a silver turkey platter and... Naaaah. You don't want to hear any of that bullshit. I was there, I saw all that shit, most of those bands were all hosers with the exception of the Tubes anyway.

OK then, you do want to be transported to the time before AIDS...

...when coke was pure and you could still get, a Les Paul and a Marshall or a Strat ana Twin, for five hundred bucks. The fantasy includes you being in a lottery though. Just like Pat and Vanna. Spin the wheel and see what number comes up. Ohh n n n neeew! Monk, doood, your birfday came up... your ass is about to git the green dildo... yes sir, the infamous Green Dildo.

Why is the Army like an OD Green Camo dildo???

'Cause it gives you a sense of security while you get FUCKED!!! Suck your itty.

When I think back... and I think most people are this way too, we think of the good stuff more than the other crap. All the young Monkeys are just going on hearsay and coffee table books of Woodstock. How can they ever know?

And the same thing will be happening only faster in 40 years. Some youngster will pop up on Ratsun. MWG, (Milky Way Galaxy) and post OICS of an ancient 620 once owned by his grandfather Metalmonkey. yOUNGmONK will sigh and pine away like; Life was so Rad and Awesome back in the teens and twenties, I would love to have been able to roam the Pick 'n Pulls for cherry fenders for $35. Shit a 620 fender in any condition is worth a grand on Egay now.

Monk will fire his vintage iPhone XII and post to Ratsun;

It's all apples and oranges. There is no comparison. Different days, different times. Simplicity?? It wasn't simple then and it ain't getting any easier.

The kid growing up won't know any difference, just like I don't know about the Depression or WWII, Monkey don't know about 'Nam...

Like I have said before... if these will be the 'good old days' in the future... Ride Fast and Take Chances... rock on.

• Like 5

Not gonna lie Fig, I posted this when I was dozing off. laugh.gif You raise some good points, but you can't sway my opinion. Here's my short response:

For every good story, there's a bad one. No doubt, the days back then sucked too. Doesn't it seem like all this great technology has put us at a great disadvantage though? Sure, we can cure just about anything and blow up ANYONE in our way, but have you not noticed where the world is going? Egypt, North Korea, this economic pitfall, Katrina, OBAMA, etc?

Now look at the youth of America: everyone strives to be the biggest 'gangsta possible, and sell as much drugs as possible so they can afford the dub ''24's on their '87 Caprice. Maybe that's Atlanta talking, or maybe it's cuz my generation fails harder then Two and a Half Men without Charlie Sheen. In 20 years, my generation will be looked at for what they are. I don't think I need to tell you much about that.

On to the military... don't have much to say except I tried to join and was rejected for medical reasons. blink.gif And no it wasn't all that Dr.Pepper I've been drinking. All my friends that came through it have been happy with their decision, no matter how tough it was on them. It always helped them become better people in the long run.

Seems like some of the happiest people I know grew up in those days. Whenever I hear an old guy talk about his life, I don't hear him complaining that he got fucked in Nam, the depression sucked, etc. I hear him ramble on about how much fun he had as a kid and different it was from today, when they went to the beach in dad's old Packard and got stuck in the sand for hours digging it out.

I'd LOVE to live back in the days where your TV was in b/w (if you even HAD one), read the paper, and helped dad on the farm. I don't care for the way things have turned out. Music these days (IF you can even call some of this shit music) isn't really that great anymore. Some of my favorite bands were from the 70's. I don't get to see them live anymore. Black Sabbath would NEVER be what they were then. Dio was the GOD of Metal and I'll never be seeing him play. Lady Gaga? Fuck that. Give me some Van Halen and I'll be contempt.

I'm stuck living in a society where Honduh's are the shit because...???0 (idk how to answer that.. they suck) Every vagina with a a drivers license drive's an egg looking Civic with poser wheels and mad camber (yo.) Although, every once in a while a guy pulls up next to me at a light in a 'Cuda or a BMW 2002.

You know what I do in my spare time? I go antiquing. I find it's much more interesting then going to the mall with my friends talking about the new Iphone. New technology sucks. I'd rather cruise around listening to 8 tracks.

Either way, you deserve a +1 for that well informing post biggrin.gif

NOW, with all that said, tell me...

This?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmSt1oEIshE

Or this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H0fy73jQaI

Edited by metalmonkey47

Could you please stop being me?

Heebie Jeebies man

I guess me and you share the same thought bubble? unsure.gif

Maybe because I prefer THIS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzkr4F_4Xlo

Over THIS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPQtgieyEMc

I remember the Suez Crisis, Sputnik, I saw John Glen go into space. Our teacher was forward thinking and brought a tv into the classroom so we could watch it. I wasn't 12 yet. The Berlin Wall, recently taken down was built then. The Cuban Missie Crisis where the whole world stopped and held it's breath. I remember exactly where I was the afternoon Kennedy was shot. I was not at school but home sick around one in the afternoon when the news came on the radio. Viet Nam was heating up. Over all this time and more was the threat of nuclear war so don't say the good old days. Every time has it's bad with the good. Saw my first color TV about then, (a well off retired neighbor) comics and a cold bottle of real Coke were still ten cents. A movie was seventy-five cents. I never saw my dad ever put more than two dollars worth of gas in out '51 Chev. Speaking of cars, a new Ford Mustang showed up at the dealership in town. I remember seeing it on the way home from school in '64. It was brown.

Share a birthday with Ivan the Terrible

The glory of Chucky Cheese

Invention of Laser TagI remember watching Brittany Spears getting closer and closer to being naked.

Experienced MTV's fall from glory.

Beavis and Butthead

The PRIME of METAL

Fucking GRUNGE

My sister explaining to me what a blowjob was and who Bill Clinton was

Dale Earnhardt crashing

Twin Towers getting blown up

I survived the late 90's pill experiments. Ritalin, adderal, zoloft, xanax.

Windows, ps1, ps2, sega, n64, gamecube, xbox, gameboy.

All the movies, all of them.

Counter Strike, half life, Diablo, Diablo II !, CRASH BANDICOOT, MOFUKIN SPYROOO

Cars? They were all shit.

Good music, revolution in gaming, tv in its prime.

It all went downhill after 2000

I'm sorry. I apologize for any bad vibe or hostility. I have been fighting depression for over two years now. Some days are better than others. Sometimes I reread the shit I wrote... well, I'm just UP.

ALL UP! Don't take it personally.

Screamin' Jay Hawkins was real. His music came out because it had to.... not to make money, git' puzzy ur B fAMOUS.

Mike, you just jogged a memory... so I don't hijack this heartwarming thread of memoirs... I must post a new episode of Figbuck mythology in the chronicles... reeet.

Good point about living with the fear of the Iron Curtain shooting nukes at us. In our grade school we had a bell for fire, bell for earthquakes and a bell for Civil Defense Drill... and every Thursday at noon they would activate the Civil Defense sirens all over the City for ten minutes to test the system. Civil Defense... that was where you bent over and put your head between you legs... and got ready to kiss your ass bye bye.

Monk and KC, I don't think that technology sucks, it's what people do with it sometimes that sucks. I think one of the things we are talking about here is what is cool. What is hip? Well, hip is being OG? Originals, archetypes, iconoclasts, unique... the fukin' shit?

When I saw Screamin' Jay Hawkins at the Carousel Ballroom, there was no mistake that this was the real deal. He had more soul, groove and funky-tonk in the dirt under his thumb nail than Keith Richards, Jimmy Page, Ronnie Deo and Clapton put together. Well maybe not Clapton... he got pretty funky after he got sober. It's not like I'm dismissing Deo as an artist. I'm not. I don't care too... it's not really how I think. But it's just that he is only a guitar player and performer... an entertainer in the lower eschelon of what is thought of as classic entertainers.

My point is that there is a big difference between music, musicianship and entertainment. Great musicians can be great entertainers, but great entertainers are not always great musicians.

I started playing piano before I can remember. By the time I started playing clarinet when I was ten, I learned really fast. Tenor Sax at twelve, guitar at fifteen, flute at eighteen, soprano and alto sax at twenty... studied music, practiced, rehearsed, performed in every kind of band, orchestra or group, and worked in bar bands and GP casuals every night for years. I have spent a large fortune in over 45 years buying tickets and standing in line to see the heaviest artists in the world. I play my horn fifteen to twenty hours a week... and every day too.

I'm kind of cursed. I have been training my ear to listen and my mind to hear for as long as I can remember. I don't have a choice anymore... I can hear... I hear, and can't shut it off. I know what I'm listening too.

The same way the you might see a red light and know it's not green or yellow and then you see a car that is red and know it's not Ferrari Red but has more orange in it like a Competition Red, certainly not an orangey Terra Cotta shade... right? That is the way that I hear pitches. They each have a vibrational signature that is unmistakable as green and red and all the gradations of hue too.

My problem with your Deo clip here is that the musicianship is really lame. The solo is derivative and predictable. For cryin' out loud, he is only playing in one key or mode in an open string key!!! How fucking hard is that to manage??? It's not. I can list a couple dozen guitar slingers that he came up going to see, when he didn't even own an axe, or knew you hat to tune it. He was sitting there in the front row, getting a stiffy watching Page, fantasizing about how some day he could get the GOORLS like Pagey. Hahahahahah.

Don't misread what I'm saying here. It is sooooo seventh grade to sit around as say shit like, well Ronnie Deo is the best and he blows off Hendrix and Clapton and Alvin Lee and Page. I have my musical heroes too that most people are ignorant enough not to understand, and think I don't have a clue either. Whatever... or like they say in North Carolina EverWhut!!

Hey man, music's not a stick and ball sport where you keep score... it subjective. But that doesn't mean that you can't objectify and criticize art... you better come loaded with arguments and examples for that discussion!!!

From about 1956 on I listened to the three Top 40 stations and two black soul music stations in the Bay Area. In my teens I listened from virtually the first second of Underground FM radio on KMPX, then KSAN, KSJO and the rest is history as they say. When I was 30, I had two thousand vinyl records.

My listening has been informed by my first clarinet teacher Joe Alessi. He was the principal Trumpet player in the SF Symphony and world famous artist and invented the Alessi Mute. My next clarinet teacher was Matt Schon. I was playing the crap outta the clarinet when his son Neil got his first guitar. Neil Schon of Journey, Bad English and Sammy Haggar's super group/garageband thing. Matt was a hundred times the musician Neil will every dream of being.

Ironically it's just that Neil understood the same thing that Ozzy and Deo, Mick and Kieth, Page and Plant... we ain't never gonna have as much soul in our whole existence as one exhale from say, Otis Redding, Aretha, Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Magic Sam... but... that their young audience had no idea they were ripping off the real deals. There is big money to be made, groupies to fuck and TVs to throw out of hotel rooms. We can just rip the whole thing off and these stupid kids will eat it up... just to make their parents crazy. And we will fly around the world every year on our jet and make millions!!!

Fortunately or unfortunately I happened to be in a place where musical and cultural history was happening all over the place. I watched real musicians, performers, artists at a time where the modern recording and concert industry was being invented. A time when fat bald guys in three piece suits, sitting around a board room figured out where the emerging market was, and how to feed it so they could get rich. Let's package these second rate copy bands like Sabbath with some other lame shit like Grand Funk Railroad and have them open up for first rate art thieves like Zepplin... and make zillions. If it's loud and flashy, the kids will be so stoned that we will be in the limo with cash receipts before the lights ever go up in the hall.

I'm not trying to pick a fight or demean anyone's taste in music. Taste is in your mouth though.

All those hard rock and metal bands from the '70s into the '80s were cut out of cardboard. Three of my high school friends had a hard rock band in the City for ten years and worked for Bill Graham and opened stadium shows for big names. They came up playing in the same dive bars as all the new wave and punk bands, when all that was still under the radar. I use to hang with them at their rehearsal spaces. The had a big room in a converted industrial building in the Mission district. Cheap rent, parking and fairly secure.

My friends were all pretty much self taught, but like me, they came up listening to radio and seeing a ton of live music. They knew what was really hot and losers like Ozzy and Deo were chumps. But they had this idea that they should be good musicians first and put on a show second. I think they got that from hanging around me. That is probably whey the didn't make it... they weren't ho's.

They rehearsed endlessly. There were these assholes who were a little younger that us in the room next door. They were soo horible and sssooooo loud. If we weren't playing, you almost couldn't hear yourself talk... but you could make all the noise you wanted 24/7, so it was a push. These fucking neighbors always had bunch of hangers on always telling them how badd they were... they had this raging 'tude too, you know? Little fucks... I think they were called metal lika... or Mettalica or somethin'... I hear they went on to get sum puzzy.

Another place they rehearsed was that building by the mud flats in Marin City. Everybody called it the Heliport because the very first news chopper in the world parked there. It was next to the Record Plant and the neighbors were Santana on one side and Huey Lewis/ News on the other and Ronnie Montrose and Sammy across the hall.

One of my friends that I grew up with has been fairly successful. He has two houses, collects vintage guitars and amps and old cars. About ten years ago a little light bulb went off in his head. He said, when we were in our teens and twenties we were basically broke, stupid... and well stupid and broke. We lusted after all these American muscle cars and Yurripean sports imports, but never had a prayer of owning one. Now all these years later, a new econo-box is expensive as hell, and you can find either nice daily drivers or resto projects that need to move out of the garage for kids bikes and to shut the bitch up... for a couple grand.

He started to buy nice Camaros, Firebirds, Dodge SixPack, then an MGcGT, TR4a, Alfa Veloce Spyder and is still looking for that deal on a Dino Ferarri. He was buying them for a couple grand, having his mechanic go through them and just drive them for a year of two, then sell them for what he had in them. And got to know what it was like to live with those cars from the past. Sometimes he had two of them over lap and two bitchen' cars were in the driveway... wanna take Smokey the Trans-Am or the Adolf the Porche 944 that I got for three grand and buffed it out?

There is a reason they don't make cars like this anymore... and I'll leave it like that... but there is a reason young people today think what they do and act how they act. The same reason they don't make music like they used to either... most people have been brain washed into buying Hondas. (Honda always has great music in their commercials.) We are brain washed into buying Coke. It's the real thing, yeah, fizzy poison water that the corporation spends two billion dollars a year to advertise. The music industry gave us Madonna, Joan Jett, Janet Jackson, Annie Lenox to Lady Gaga... three chord formula power pop... as much as the bandwidth will allow. The industry jumped on Sabbath and the other Zepplin wannabees to cash in. Period.

It's made for profit entertainment... not music.

Far be it for me to tell anybody what to listen to or why. I'm just callin' ball and strikes. If you grow up and all you hear is Hip-Hop or Metal, the odds that you will ever discover Casal's Bach Unaccompanied Cello Suites, or Yo Yo Ma, Van Cliburn or Art Tatum & McCoy Tyner, Joe Henderson & James Carter or Stravinsky & Bartok... are not good. Wanna hear the beginning of metal? Listen to the Beethoven's last string quartets.

My home boys just came through town and I went to see them for the 87th time or something like that. In 1967 my friends rented a little cinder block Boy Scout club house to rehearse in. Across the street was the County Fairgrounds and there was a big concert. After hearing my buddies practice Foxy Lady for the tenth time, I jumped the fence across the street and went to check it out. This was the first time I saw these guys. They are the baddest band in the land. Go see them and sit in down in front and you will understand how they got their name. They can say it better that I ever could... with out a horn in my mouth that is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUFxj59Fa9o

I come home from work one day and flip on the news. The lead singer Lenny Williams shot some guy and was running through yards in San Jose while every cop in the county was chasing him. He served hard time for murder... how is that for street cred. Them skinny brit rockers??? Hahahahahah. The tenor player in the white tails is Lenny Picket, one of the sax gods of funk. He has been the musical director for Saturday Night Live for years. That is why that band is so fucking hot. Every week I watch the beginning of SNL just to hear Lenny go off. Check him out sometime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czzZRwe6kCI&feature=related

So you wanna jump out yo trick bag,

Ease on into a hip bag.

But you ain't just exactly sure what's hip.

So you start to let your hair grow.

Spent big bucks on your wardrobe.

But somehow you know there's much more to the trip.

What is hip? Tell me tell me, if you think ya know.

What is hip? And if you're really hip, the passing years will show,

You into a hip trip, maybe hipper than hip.

But what is hip?

So you became part of the new breed.

Been smoking only the best weed.

Hanging out with so-called hippest set.

Been seen in all the right places,

Seen with just the right faces.

You should be satisfied,

But still it ain't quite right.

What is hip? Tell me tell me if you think you know.

What is hip? And if you're really hip.

The passing years would show,

You into a hip trip, maybe hipper than hip.

What is hip?

Hipness is

what it is!

Hipness is

what it is!

Hipness is

what it is!

Sometimes hipness is what it ain't!

You done went and found you a guru,

In an effort to find you a new you.

And maybe even managed to raise your conscience level.

As you're striving to find the right road,

There's one thing you should know:

What's hip today might become passe'.

What is hip? Tell me tell me if you think you know.

What is hip? And if you're really hip, the passing years would show

That you into a hip trip. Maybe hipper than hip.

WHAT IS HIP?

Sometimes hippness is what it ain't...

Cars?

Mostly not fast, not quick and can't stop or turn... unless you spend a lot of money... and even then, gimme a break... cars??? Really?

I guess... but in the words of Al Holbert: Horsepower = cubic dollars.

My second favorite place in the world behind Laguna. Have left much expensive sticky rubber in the corners and burned much fuel at this place...

http://thunderhill.com/mediagallery/media.php?s=20100501001213776