wannaby

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheaper & easier to teach them to drive a stick. <_<

Mayby but they wont and the only way to keep this thing on the road when I bite the dust is to make it into an east to start and drive unit.

Part of me lultzes at Bill suggestion and part agrees with wannaby. Appeal to their feminine pride. If a man can do it a woman should be able to learn in half the time. :D

Everyone should learn how to drive a standard. Hell if you can chew gum and play catch you're half way there.

• Like 1

Part of me lultzes at Bill suggestion and part agrees with wannaby. Appeal to their feminine pride. If a man can do it a woman should be able to learn in half the time. :D

Everyone should learn how to drive a standard. Hell if you can chew gum and play catch you're half way there.

Good advice . and I dought I will get at this project anytime soon but If I can at least gather up the parts cheap it would be nice to have the option.

• Like 1

the story is that it was for an employee of my dads project car, he owed my dad money and bailed so i ended up with it, i have no idea if its a runner so the best bet would be to tear it down and inspect it.

• Like 1

If the automatic trans is any longer than the 5 speed, it will hit the crossmember under the seat. And that is not an easy one to modify as it holds the torsion bars.

That cross member is a pain in the ass, the 5 speed mounting location is almost on top of it., it's really tight in that area, I was unable to install/remove the tranny while the engine was in position, I suppose I could have made the tunnel cover longer, but all I had was a stick welder back then, and sheet metal welding was something I could not get the hang of with the stick welder, but now I have a mig.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Yep try'd that too he isnt interested in trade for some of my junk. Says he is head yard guy at the steel recycle in coombs says they will scrap it ,the only reason they havent is he doesnt like crushing anything before 80.offered 200 max with a 90 chevy box liner, and some aluminum scrap I have but he wouldnt go for it.we will see if it gets scraped so be it.Den

• Like 1
  • 8 years later...

Hey there so life gets in the way. Found this 1980 210 about 6 years ago. Finally dragged it home and got it running.project has been on hold for a few years . Now looking at this 210 seems a shame to pull the motor and trans to put in the 320 that has been sitting for just as long.

CC1D11B1-03A9-48C4-8704-98A96E6C7614.jpeg

828BAFBF-A35B-4189-9F27-81F731EE07F6.jpeg

• Like 2