Auto for 320

wannaby

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You will have to change the whole drivetrain to have an auto, unless you know someone that can figure out how to make an adapter plate.

Never heard of an E1 with an auto yet, but the B210 has an auto with an A14/15 block, it will fit in there, as I have done it with a 5 speed, it's lots of work and fabrication, but possible.

You will have to change the whole drivetrain to have an auto, unless you know someone that can figure out how to make an adapter plate.

Never heard of an E1 with an auto yet, but the B210 has an auto with an A14/15 block, it will fit in there, as I have done it with a 5 speed, it's lots of work and fabrication, but possible.

Thx wayno didnt think I would be so lucky oh well mayby ill convert it to electric.

just found this in used naniamo but then I got a bunch more junk to deal with and the wife wouldnt approve.

Category: Vintage Vehicles - Vintage TrucksPrice: $375.00 Phone: 250-591-3845Location: NanaimoYear: 1974Make: NissanModel: 620 Pickup1974 Datsun 620PL pick-up, 1850 c.c. automatic with canopy w/shelves and roof racks, engine head machine work done, reassemble with included gaskets, under winter cover, tools, manuals, receipts, and a spare windshield. Lots of parts to fit 1973 to 1979 620PL trucks or Datsun 510 including a 20LB engine block, two standard transmissions, many carburetors, starter motors, distributors, alternators, braking systems including drums, nuts, bolts, screws, fasteners, control cables, engine and trans mounts, hub caps, 1 checker plate steel back bumper, much trim. Just $375, Nanaimo.

Posted on

It is not that difficult, you have to make the engine and tranny mounts, relocate the shifter hole, replace the stock idler arm with a 521 idler arm, and do some basic wiring, and I did this 1965 L320 conversion(A15/5 spd.) when I didn't know shit. Since you have the 65, you have the tranny cover you need.

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

• Like 1

It is not that difficult, you have to make the engine and tranny mounts, relocate the shifter hole, replace the stock idler arm with a 521 idler arm, and do some basic wiring, and I did this 1965 L320 conversion(A15/5 spd.) when I didn't know shit. Since you have the 65, you have the tranny cover you need.

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

Cool ill look into it

So how big is the transmission tunnel in the 320? It looks small. I'm sure it would fit it you cut the sheetmetal?

He has the 65 model which came with a 4 spd. floor shift I beleave, mine did, and the tunnel is like 520/21 sort of, except removable, unlike the earlier 63-65 column shift models, which hardly had a tunnel at all. It was a pain in the ass to get the 5 spd. in there, but the issues for me were the forward/backward room(tranny mount/frame cross members) and the oil filter clearance, I figured out the oil filter clearance after it was all in, at first I was running a remote oil filter, till I figured out that if I took out the huge stock 320 idler arm, and put in a small 521 idler arm, I had about an eighth inch clearance. I also had to relocate the shifter hole, but with an auto, you have some fudging room.

So I have this what I thik. is a 1300 I guess block serial is stamped j what auto will fit it ....another guy up this way has an auto out of a 620 will it fit

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0516-1.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

So anybody out there got a B210 A14/15 block with auto trans for me.

You need to look at craigslist everyday, the for sale section here, keep your eye out for a running 210/B210 automatic for cheap, it can be wrecked, ect; just as long as it will run, there are other datsuns I'm sure that had that engine combo also, I just don't know what they are.

BTW, there are probably other engine/tranny combos out there that will fit, I just know about this one as I have done it before, I am sure that some of the MG engines would fit also, although I cannot recall them having automatic transmissions.

I also posted on this thread that a guy put an L18 in his NL320, as you already know, the 620 did have an automatic transmission, but that L block conversion has to be tight, as the guy doesn't have a heater in it, and I would bet that tranny is not small/compact either.

Yes, all A-series motors will fit the same. They are the smallest of the modern Datsun engines, so will (most likely) fit easiest. A12, A13, A14, A15 all pretty much the same just the power levels increase. There is also the A10 but it's not a heavy-duty engine like the others. The A12 has more power than the J13.

Pulling a heavy truck with an automatic I would definitely go for an A13, A14 or A15. They all have signifantly more low-RPM power than the A12.

it needs a carb for sure, it has the fuel pump, alternator, intake, oil pan, valve cover. i can get pics if your interested. not interested in a j13 but i would be interested in 620 parts if ya have any

it needs a carb for sure, it has the fuel pump, alternator, intake, oil pan, valve cover. i can get pics if your interested. not interested in a j13 but i would be interested in 620 parts if ya have any

I dont have any 620 stuff.ill keep ya in mind. What ya want for it ill keep lookin for an A14/15 for now .