• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like 510 hub caps

476.jpg

I believe they may have been offered by the dealer on multiple models. I've seen them on several B210s, some 210s and an assortment of other Datsuns throughout the years. Literally the most common Datsun hubcap I've come across at the junkyards, I have a crapton of the stupid things.

Isn't that a 1000 (B10 Sunny) pictured anyways?

Edited by Dguy210
Yes, those are 510 hubcaps on a Datsun 1000.

The reason you see them on so many cars is they are common, not that they came on different cars when new.

I'm pretty sure those were stock on the Datsun 1000.

datsunb10small.jpg

4505.jpg

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrr..They are simply Ford pinto hubcaps some cheap Datsun guy snagged at the junkyard.. :lol:

11_zps9a753afb.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-78-FORD-BOBCAT-PINTO-HUBCAPS-SET-FOUR-13-/250710760977

Well now I'm just confused :confused:  Those really are the same damn hubcaps as used on the Datsun.  Same supplier maybe?

Edited by Dguy210
Pinto hubcaps and 510 hubcaps are different -- but look similar at first glance.

Weird thing is, seen those caps on 3 different 510s, but never in the dealer brochure as an option. 

But I have seen them in the Pinto dealer brochure?  :P

My money is on Pinto.  :thumbup:

f_1214901_4.jpg

But the ones on my '72 didn't say "Ford" on them anywhere, so...

102picture_034.jpg

Most proper nouns can be written in Kanji. For example: 日産 (Nissan). But there are no Kanji for Datsun. Instead it is written "Datsun" or "ダットサン". From my studies, foreign words and names are not written in Kanji.

Datsun has an anglicized origin as "Son of DAT", so it has no Kanji:

18a2.jpg

To get back to Sightings, I spotted this one last week. Love the Western turbines:

20121220_141411_DSC04898.jpg

• Like 1
Datsun has an anglicized origin as "Son of DAT", so it has no Kanji:

Correct, foreign words are written in Katakana.

Spotted a uber clean 521 in Poulsbo. It was in an Emplyees only parking area of a small dealership so I couldnt get back to snap a picture. It was similar in color to a metallic forest green. Looked nice as I drove by.

May not count for some of you, but it counts to me! I was watching a rerun of EMERGENCY!  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068067/ on TV today and saw a Z just like this one...

You should watch Adam12 reruns there`s is boatloads of Datsuns in those,, because they are driving around on the streets of LA in the late sixtys early seventies...