New Daily Driver

So I was looking for a new DD. I was browsing craigslist and found this really clean 1980 Corolla wagon. cool.gif. Called the owner,and the next day (Today) drove to Albany.

When I got there the car looked really clean. It was a one owner before him, Lady used it to go to store and haul her horses hay lol. It has 230,xxx,Literally shit brown exterior and tan interior. Interior is pretty good just a couple rips in the passenger and rear seat. The car drove great and ended up driving it home for a good price. biggrin.gif. It is a automatic though sad.gif. These cars are actually really fun to drive! So enough with that here are some Oics I got before it was dark!

027.jpg

026.jpg

025.jpg

024.jpg

023.jpg

022.jpg

021.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an '84 Camry that had 400+k miles on the original engine. Paint was beat to shit, etc, etc. There's something nice about having a car that you don't car if it gets hammered on. The only thing it needed was an engine rebuild, but then I got my Z and it had to go. The thing drank oil and getting it up a hill was an endeavor. But it was always fun to park next to expensive cars, just a little too close, and know the owners were squirming.

I had an '84 Camry that had 400+k miles on the original engine. Paint was beat to shit, etc, etc. There's something nice about having a car that you don't car if it gets hammered on. The only thing it needed was an engine rebuild, but then I got my Z and it had to go. The thing drank oil and getting it up a hill was an endeavor. But it was always fun to park next to expensive cars, just a little too close, and know the owners were squirming.

Hahahahaha I do that with my 620 all the time lol.

They can look pretty sweet too! The stock fenders have a nice ammount of natural flare to them. If you could tuck those bumpers in a couple of inches you'd have it. Wonder if they can compress like some Datsun ones do?

niseishowoff2009_007_toyota_corolla_te72_wagon.jpg

Weird, when I hit post, it kicked me back out to the main index and then my post disappeared. Anyway, shouldn't be too hard to locate a T series transmission to go 5 speed if you want. Remember as well, suspension-wise, if it can be done to an AE86, it will work on the TE series.

Nice score. These ones are getting hard to come by.. a guy in the apartment complex next to me has a 4 door sedan and just beats the crap out of it. It was so clean when he got it.. one day I saw him standing on the roof rattle canning it black; it was then and there that I knew it wasn't long for this world :no:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the input guys!

Does anyone know what I can do about that rear bumper? I was thinking about putting on some of the post style bumpers that some of the Volkswagen guys do.

Don't have any pics handy, but on my '80 wagon I used an '80 Toyota truck front chrome bumper (fit surprisingly good), and just left the rear bumper off. The wagons look sharp with no rear bumper. :cool:

That bumper looks really good... Any mods need to be done to fit it to the car? I am iffy about shaving the rear bumper just in case a dumbass texting or something rear ends me...blink.gif

But I was thinking of putting those post style bumpers that the vw guys do to their bugs.. you think that would work?