Building wheels

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hard to beat the old school pana/SSR/hoshino stuff for dattos and you could probably buy them cheaper than he could make them...

Could you make something that looks similar to the stock steelies and takes a factory early dog dish cap in a 15" rim?

Also whats the odds he would/could make some truck rims (6 lug) that are damn near exact copies of the JDM car rims with a decent offset that dont look "heavy"?

Its hard to beat the old school pana/SSR/hoshino stuff for dattos and you could probably buy them cheaper than he could make them...

Could you make something that looks similar to the stock steelies and takes a factory early dog dish cap in a 15" rim?

Also whats the odds he would/could make some truck rims (6 lug) that are damn near exact copies of the JDM car rims with a decent offset that dont look "heavy"?

1st, I'll be making my own centers. All I need from him is for him to weld them for me.

2nd I've done the stock steelies. Made my own dog dish cap.

steelies011.jpg

3rd. odds are I wouldn't go thru this much grief for someone else (No offense)

1st, I'll be making my own centers. All I need from him is for him to weld them for me.

2nd I've done the stock steelies. Made my own dog dish cap.

3rd. odds are I wouldn't go thru this much grief for someone else (No offense)

If you get a design worked up in photoshop, I can draw it in CAD. Easy...

And, I'm with you - if they were for someone else, I wouldn't go through the grief either...

One last idea, and I know I'm gonna get hit for this, but your car is the "Tiki Lounge"...why not palm trees or tiki torches with flames?

For a Torque Thrust design in 4 spoke, I'd suggest the style that has a flange type lip at the back side of the spoke. It will close down the opening size which would get larger when you go to 4 spokes. I would carry that detail around the whole opening, not just the spoke. Kind of a Torque Thrust meet Porsche Fuchs design.

Picture_368.jpg