620 KA24 Motor Mount brackets

]2eDeYe

After being asked to modify a few sets of stock KA brackets to fit the 620, I figured I might as well design a new set of brackets to help save time and shipping costs. Thanks to Eric Garside's patience in allowing me to use his brackets for measurement, they are finished.

Here are Version 1.0 of my KA24-620 Swap brackets. The mounts are a 3/4" drop from the factory KA mounts. They will fit the KA24E and KA24DE with stock 620 rubber motor mounts and allow you to bolt the KA to your 620.

You will still have to deal with the center link flip/ oil pan clearancing with the DE swap and any transmission issues due to your choice of transmission. If you run a 720 5-speed from behind a Z-series motor it should bolt to the stock transmission mount at the stock crossmember location.

Pictures001.jpg

Pictures002.jpg

$100 a set + shipping.

I have 3 sets available, but I can build more if the demand is there.

Reference links for the KA swap.

KA24E into a 620

KA24DE into a 620

Edit: These mounts require the later style 620 rubber motor mount for the L20B.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those look great Steve... Any thought on making them to use the stock or aftermarket KA motor mounts? I've ripped more than one stock 510 mount in my wagon with the FJ and would love to have the alternative to the stock rubber mounts if (WHEN!) I go KA in my 620

Clayton

Thanks guys. :)

Those look great Steve... Any thought on making them to use the stock or aftermarket KA motor mounts? I've ripped more than one stock 510 mount in my wagon with the FJ and would love to have the alternative to the stock rubber mounts if (WHEN!) I go KA in my 620

Clayton

It would depend on the thickness on the stock KA mount, the frame side hole pattern is probably an issue as well. That said, they will bolt up to these mounts with a little work to the index hole.

The nice thing with the 620 mount is that they bolt right to the frame.

My stock 620 mounts have held up pretty good so far. :)

Well hell now just whip up a set of brackets to mount KA motor mounts to the factory 510 crossmember, so us 510 folks don't have to hack up crossmembers and such ;)

Free bump. This is promising :D

Well hell now just whip up a set of brackets to mount KA motor mounts to the factory 510 crossmember, so us 510 folks don't have to hack up crossmembers and such ;)

Free bump. This is promising :D

I think the oil pan is more of the issue there. :lol:

How close well these work for The vg series?

Not sure, don't think they would unless the VG has the same mounting pattern on the block, block width and the same crank centerline as the KA. These may work on the RWD CA series though, but that has not been verified yet.

Does that mean the transmission should likewise be dropped 3/4", or is the KA transmission already lower than the 620 transmission?

No.

The 3/4" drop puts the transmission close to the stock 620 transmission centerline. I think the KA sits a bit higher in the stock configuration/vehicle.

The 720 transmission I recommended is the same as the 620 transmission dimensionally other than the clocking of the bellhousing.

With the stock KA mounts the 720 transmission hits the tunnel. To use them you would have to modify the transmission tunnel/firewall, either by cutting it or banging it up with a hammer. I chose to modify the mounts.

Hope that makes sense... :mellow:

I want to endorse these. Looking good!

You made your own, but thanks :lol:

these look badass man!!

the KA swap is soooo tempting now that youve made these... dammit lol

Thanks, pretty stoked they turned out so well myself :cool:

After a stop into the Post Office it looks like shipping will be $10.95 anywhere in the US.

IMG_7599.jpg

A during pic, cause...we all like pics. :D

Pictures003.jpg

2eDeYe' date='20 December 2011 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1324420186' post='596739']

You get them installed yet?

Haha sadly no :(. I bought a 5 speed and it turned out to be trash so I'm still in search of a good one and I'm torn as to get a white bunny 1.5 or 2.0 clutch set up for this build.