Form > Function S30

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if anyone's interested, here's an update.

Been dailying her for a couple weeks now, so far no problems except for my muffler swinging too much and banging against the frame. I need to weld another hanger on there.

My frame rails, which were all dented and lumpy looking, are now completely flat and smooth on the bottom. And shiny.

I need new mustache bar bushings.

The coils still feel good.

Gaymond Racing still hasn't gotten me my wheels yet. They're about a month overdue now. I'm kinda pissed. They better be here by CCM.

Also, in case anyone's interested, I'm part of the team who's in charge of setting up/running drift events here in Oklahoma. We finally got a new venue to host events, and so far our first two dates are:

March 18

April 21

The new venue is none other but Crossroads Mall in OKC. Huge parking lots, very low traffic due to a gang shooting a few years ago which resulted in the mall going bankrupt.

Also, Cupcakes Meet (CCM) is coming up to have a meet with us on the April 21st event. So far, we have a lot of pre-registered drivers from Texas and quite a few Oklahomans as well. Should be massive.

You guys should totally come. We need more Datsun reps up here.... I'm probably gonna be the only Datto there.

For more info, check out our FaceBook.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Friction-Motor-Sports/205398616147484

JSYK, Friction Motorsports is our team that organizes the events.

hot-katy-perry.jpg

Cool Rat-zee, and I love the hood. You oughta clear coat it just as it is, and keep it as your signature piece.

I had a lowered race Z for years with coilovers, camber/caster plates, adjustable TC and rear control arms. Just be sure to use all that adjustablity have a good alignment done when you get those expensive new wheels and tires put on, you'd hate to scrub away a fresh set of rubber...

^ I plan on it. I still need rear lower control arms. Probably gonna end up going with T3's, I've gotten a lot of stuff from them and they're great.

Heard from Diamond this morning, my wheels are supposed to be shipped out by Monday. It's been about six weeks, so it's about time. Definitely never doing business with them again.

EDIT: also my Miata's up for sale right now. Got a lead on a rhd FC3S that I'm trying to get ahold of. Definitely want an FC, it's just hard finding them around here. It'll be getting an SR fa sho.

Got a lead on a rhd FC3S that I'm trying to get ahold of. Definitely want an FC, it's just hard finding them around here. It'll be getting an SR fa sho.

SR?!

tumblr_lvpyz6U0O71qeivyf.gif

13bTT from an FD (99 spec)

tumblr_lwmjbhZGGt1qeivyf.gif

lol but that just my opinion...

^ not an impossible swap, but kind of a pain. The REW out of an FD has front/rear engine mounts, whereas the FC has side mounts, like an SR. Plus, while REW engines are bad ass, it's undeniable that rotaries blow up way too much. And this'll be a car Ill be taking to Texas events, and I don't want it to blow up at HoustonDrift or Mineral Wells.

Heater core clogged up again, got hot driving just now. Ran out of coolant, had to fill the radiator with water from a puddle with a mountain dew can.

Prices on reman heater cores?

This guy has some new ones for your car... http://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-1976-1977-1978-Datsun-Nissan-280Z-Heater-Core-NOS-/220955194084?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3371f4b2e4

BTW, how'd those parts work our for ya? Your car is coming along great!

-Richard

For real. Rotaries sound sweet, they're just not always the most reliable.

Just have to make sure its taken care of, my FC had 200K miles on it, no rebuild, and still ran amazing and pulled pretty hard... the compression was almost perfect too..

This guy has some new ones for your car... http://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-1976-1977-1978-Datsun-Nissan-280Z-Heater-Core-NOS-/220955194084?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3371f4b2e4

BTW, how'd those parts work our for ya? Your car is coming along great!

-Richard

Parts worked out great! I was just thinking about your shop the other day, how's it coming? I was thinking about the '79, if I knew then what I know now I probably wouldn't have gotten rid of it lol

Well i moved out of that building a while back because the owner sold it and the new owner had different plans... Haven't been doing too mu h on the Datsuns lately as I've been a bit distracted with jeeps...

Yeah, i was a bit surprised when you brought the 79 to me and was expecting MUCH worse from what you had described... Unfortunately, i has to get rid of it when i moved the shop and the guy that got it has dropped a small block chevy in it i think.

Oh thats whats up. You planning on opening another Datsun shop anytime soon? I'd be down to make a trip to check it out.

I was still living with my parents at the time too, and they were complaining a lot about the 79 being around, so I kinda had to get rid of it. I didn't pay a whole lot for it though, so my losses weren't huge. I was just glad to get it out of there. Although I'd kinda like to have a project ZX again.

Yeah, I'll be building my own shop near the house soon, but for now I just work out of my garage... Hell, you're welcome to come over anytime as far as that goes... Theres always a beer in the fridge and usually a car on jackstands with plenty of tools near by... :)

I don't even own a Z right now...! I've had over 50 of them in the past 12 years, so it's kida sad. :( Other priorities have been in the way lately and I am just waiting for the right one to come along. I've passed up several as I'm hunting for something specific.:cool:

FUCKING DIAMOND FUCKING RACING

Quit responding to my emails. Last week they promised me a tracking number by Monday. It's Tuesday. I have no tracking number. I emailed them last night, they're ignoring me. Planning on calling them tomorrow. Telling me if they can't finish my wheels by Thursday and overnight them I'm taking my money back and going to get something else. This is getting kind of ridiculous. I kinda feel like they should've told me they didn't have the material to make the wheels when I ordered them six weeks ago, not last week.

On the bright side, I got my jdm wheel in, cut up a stock steering wheel and used a Techno Toy Tuning hub extender to make a good hub.

3e1659e7.jpg

a161607b.jpg

Also, my girlfriend's car is twice the height of the Z.

b7b2c77b.jpg