Form > Function S30

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't ever adjusted them all the way up lol. I'm sure it'd be fine though.

As far as engine plans, I'm just cleaning up the L28 right now and keeping it NA. Already did a wire tuck and shaved the engine bay, just need to finish shaving the engine. Once that's done, I'm pulling it and painting the bay lavender.

Going RB20 in a year or two, whenever I have another daily or something.

EDIT: Just noticed you can see my ZG flares above the washer and dryer in the second pic. lol

EDIT #2: Ordered wheels on Friday, 15x10 all the way around, -38 rear and -25 front.

Another pic, just for fun. Started on the rear camber plates today, should be getting them welded in tomorrow.

What's your plan on adjustability? Do you think you will have issues with the size of the strut tower? Not a lot of room left back there to get the strut closer to the strut tower wall.

Looking forward to how it goes.

What's your plan on adjustability? Do you think you will have issues with the size of the strut tower? Not a lot of room left back there to get the strut closer to the strut tower wall.

Pretty sure he's doing it to accomodate the rear negative camber due to the awesome slammage.

P.s- you needa move to cali comic.

I'm only looking for a small range of adjustability right now, the T3 plates let you take about 3-4 degrees of camber. I'm not going to be zeroed out by any means.

Pretty sure he's doing it to accomodate the rear negative camber due to the awesome slammage.

P.s- you needa move to cali comic.

True. Also, another big reason I'm doing it: due to the MacPherson strut design (i.e., no upper control arms), whenever the shock is compressed it moves outward laterally. That's why you need pillowball uppers mounts, which are integrated into the camber plates, to allow for the outward movement. It's not much, but it's enough to break an Integra shock piston if you hit a hard enough bump enough times.

And Cali would be awesome as fuck, but I'm pretty sure none of my cars would be legal there. Are S30's smog exempt yet?

he's right, move here, today, right now. Im pretty sure Katy lives here... somewhere...

I actually don't know where she lives.... I need to find out.....

katy_perry.jpg

75 n older area smog exempt and motor swap smog laws go by year of the motor and not year of the car. So if you have a newer motor (vq,ls,sr,etc) has to be smogged by that year.

More importantly we'd be able to have three slammed s30's at the same meet with a dslr, some spare tires, gopro, a couple s turns and lotsa a smoke.

Hm well she's a '78 so I'll have to wait a few years.

Washington sounds cool though!

Camber plates are finished being welded in. Bolted up the plates, and dropped it back down cause I'm impatient and wanted to see how it looked. I'll have to jack it back up tomorrow to grind down the welds and smooth out the plates, but it's whatev. Pretty stoked.

Also, the wheels should be coming in about a week..... super stoked.

b1e280ce.jpg

a5675645.jpg

Surprisingly, the plates allowed me to pull the camber out to 0 deg in the rear. Not planning on running 0 permanently, but this week until my wheels come in I'll probably zero it out lol. Also, slamming it toed in the rear a lot, so Ill be needing some LCA's pretty soon.

Oh well... guess Techno Toy Tuning will be hearing from me. lol

tumblr_lyfde9R3oa1r5w88xo1_500.png

I'll get down to Cali and marry Katy pretty soon.... gotta get the wheels and flares on first.

Oh well that sucks. I'll consider Washington then, I'm planning on moving as soon as I get done with school, and I'm considering either Tampa, Orlando, Austin, and a few other places. I'll add Washington to the list lol.

Since we just rolled over a page, I'll have to upload those pics I promised last night. Finished up the backs and got them all done. I actually put the spring hats/gold blocks on without a crucial washer, so I had to take them back off and put them back on. Ground down the welds, painted the plates, and adjusted the height.... all the way back down.

f9a51a6e.jpg

63598353.jpg

4e9dca50.jpg

6a0ec5af.jpg

c799f29c.jpg

I'm also working on making a hub so I can put the white wood JDM steering wheel in the Miata into the Z. Drove her around the block spiritedly, feels awesome on the coils.

Colorado springs, is the best, No Emissions the car culture is pretty big, the winters aren't so bad since it's southern colorado and there are lots of twisty mountain roads with stuff to do and Colorado springs is a college town so lots of girls and what not. Every friday I would go out cruising and their would be honda's, Toyota's, American, All kinds of cars it's pretty diverse out here and people love all styles. Heck I'm building a street/track super beetle and my mustang buddies love it. biggrin.gif Texas is pretty tempting though I've heard a lot of good things about Houston for car culture and people can still afford it there. The speed shops in Colorado are starting to die off since everyone is doing it themselves or can't afford it.

Those camber plates helped a lot, Can't say I've ever seen a S30 that low and not have camber issues. Kudos. Did you use the Front coilovers and Coilover plates all the way around?

That's whats up. I've been to Denver a couple times but never Colorado Springs.

Texas is pretty awesome though, especially with Mineral Wells and Houston Drift. Lotta good shops and big names in drifting from Texas.

I used the front coilovers in the front and the rear coilovers in the rear lol. Techno Toy Tuning camber plates all the way around.

I used the front coilovers in the front and the rear coilovers in the rear lol. Techno Toy Tuning camber plates all the way around.

That makes sense, for some reason I thought you did the S13 coilovers and ZCCJDM Coilover adaptors, which in that case they aren't adjustable in the rear, but it's a different story with the Techno Tuning. tongue.gif