Should I buy this?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for a couple hundred more get this...http://community.ratsun.net/topic/37759-what-year-is-this-goon/

it`s bigger ,, faster and looks almost the same..and about as straight as anything out there..

I would go with the 210 for parts availability.

A15s are not that under powered. My friends 79 hatch is quite quick, just the 4 speed makes it no fun on the freeway.

The A10 (new 510) is the same size as the B310. It's an upscale version of the same chassis.

differences:

* The A10 is fancier with more expensive trim, and has a larger engine

* B310 has a 4-link rear axle while the A10 leaf-sprung rear axle

The 510 has a L20 .........

The 210 has a motor the same size as my rotortiller..laugh.gif

Should you buy it? Clear it with your wife. No wife? You're asking a stupid question then..

VICTORY! Though, there is one more "responsible adult" step to include:

*Do I have the financial means right now?

If that question is also a yes, then buy on!

Thanks mike, I almost want to print that out and bring it with me!!!!

Give me a minute.

Just to let everyone know- the car has been sold now.

I was thinking about buying it but someone beat me to it. I talked to the owner last night and he said that the 5-speed in it is going bad and that is one of the reasons that he was selling it.

I have boxes full of parts to rebuild both 4 and 5-speed "60" series transmissions and was going to rebuild it ( I have been rebuilding them for a few years).. So if the new owner needs parts or a rebuild tell me and I can help out.

BillM

Well I picked it up this morning. sorry Bill. I might take you up on the offer for the parts. I'm not sure when I will get into that, but he gave me 2 spare transmissions that needed rebuilt so I'm hoping to make one work. The one in it works fine, but it whines through the gears. I'm not sure how much life it has left in it but hopefully it gets me through the winter! The body's straight, no real rust and one fixable dent in the front fender. Everything works but the reverse lights, and the dash is missing. The frontend is swapped from a hatchback of the same color, it used to have square lights. I like the round personally. I'm pumped on it! :D

SAM_0414.jpg

SAM_0413.jpg

SAM_0412.jpg

SAM_0411.jpg

SAM_0416.jpg

SAM_0417.jpg

and if anyone has a lead on a dash or transmission stuff let me know!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I washed and vacuumed it out. Then bought a replacement mirror because the old one flapped in the wind going down the road. I thought it looked better on the fender, but it looked lonely so I bought another to even it out. How she sits now-

SAM_0430.jpg

SAM_0432.jpg

SAM_0431.jpg

SAM_0433.jpg

SAM_0434.jpg

SAM_0435.jpg

Now the debate. leave it be and drive it. OR drop it about 3" and throw some Z iron crosses on that my buddy said he would GIVE me. Keep in mind I'm BALLS DEEP into my 521 and I bought this just to drive..... But the more I drive it the more i like the shit brown wagon.

Just leave the suspension alone, throw the Z wheels on it, and drive it. The Z wheels are bigger, and will fill out the wheelwells more anyways. I'm assuming you're dropping the 521, so why would you want to make both of your cars impractical by lowering them all?