question about license tabs

Duke_CityR

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddly , I saw a brief news article about the revenue for Oregon DMV is down. They sited fewer registrations.

I know I do not register vehicles and trailer until I know I am ready to put them on the road. I also have a 1948 Willy's Jeep I just use on the farm, that is not registered.

Yep, we just registered our 521 with collector's plates and it's just supposed to be used for car shows and shit like that, not daily driving, or hauling shit. But to be honest, I see a neighbor drive their car with collector's plates just about every day, so I think it depends on where you live, how much of an asshole a local cop wants to be, etc. But, I paid $57 to register with collector's plates, and just got my DMV renewal for our old plates on the truck for just over $70. Well worth it in my opinion, but I also don't really daily drive the truck (mostly because it's in pieces right now), so I'm not too worried about the limitations that are supposed to come with the collector's plates.

yeah.

I thought about collector plates, but after talking to creepy cruiser and finding out all the limitations they have, i'll gladly shell out the extra money to dive my Datsun whenever I want. It just kills me to think that I paid $120 for the car in the first place and in the four years I've had it I've probably paid over $300 just in licensing fees.

Thing about the rules is it`s like racing ..they give you a set of rules and depending how you interpret them the rules can mean several different things.And still be completely legal. I have broadform insurance so nobody ever asks or knows how many miles i drive ..

Im in Washington like you