Just Got My 510 Today!

Five&Dime

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome biggrin.gif

I'd say you found a really sweet ride, doesn't look like it needs too much love though, already looks sexy. but i'm sure you have somethings in mind.

The white bumpers on the white frame looks really great!!!

Thanks guys. This is my dream car I've always wanted one I'm only 20 and already have the car I want and yeah the body is hella straight I'd just like to re chrome the bumpers and get it painted. He cave me coil overs for the front and rear has lowering springs already. I'd like to get some original seats for it tho so if anyone wants to trade let me know! I drove it all the way from Frisco today and car rides smooth and drives great!

It needs a few things I'm gonna post in the wtb part but I need a set of mirrors and a heater set up

Mirrors will be an interesting battle you will find. You either find hideous mirrors that work, or some that only work on the drivers side (meaning it has to be mounted too low). I have yet to find mirrors that will work well L&R that I work.

I'd like to get some original seats for it tho so if anyone wants to trade let me know! I drove it all the way from Frisco today and car rides smooth and drives great!

The original seats were... well they were crap. Sorry but they were. They were designed as if copied from a picture of what a bucket seat looked like. Badly designed and padded and little thought to comfort and driving support. Well, seats have come a long way in 40 years so stick with what you have.

The original seats were... well they were crap. Sorry but they were. They were designed as if copied from a picture of what a bucket seat looked like. Badly designed and padded and little thought to comfort and driving support. Well, seats have come a long way in 40 years so stick with what you have.

How about the early Z seats Mike? I know that was an early upgrade for folks as they are pretty close to bolt in. But were they comfortable? I've never sat in a Z.

Can only comment on the later zx seats. I have them in my 710. Lower and more lateral support than the stockers which were very similar to the 510. My stock seats ('76) has foam but my wife's ('74) had molded pig bristles or horse hair???? over burlap on the springs.

Yes I would say the z car ones would be .... better. But not as good as what is in there now.

nice now get rid off the white paint on the bumpers. its hideous. now you're biggest challenge is to keep it running. ive already judged you by the comments you've made. remember do research and think things through. lots of info here, the realm, and the super sweet aussie datto forums.

I'm a dime

I'm fine

And I shine, I'm freshly minted

I'm silver-plated

I'm underrated

z-car seats are comfortable yes (In an early s30 at least ),,, I own and drive em ,,, naow I have miata-seats in my z ,,, less "luxury cush" more "hugging performance ,,,

Early Z-car seats , and 510 seats = not the same ,,,,,, but that being said ,,, don't have a clue what posture/leg-room/height/etc ,,, would feel like with s30 seats in them ,,, !? so I really don't know

Miata Seats ,,, that would be a good candidate to consider ! ,,, Recaro's are hard to beat ! ( except for the demanding price attached to them ,,, occasionally good deals come though ! )

It's your 510 ,,, I like it ,,, do what you want ,,, we're here to help ya if you need it.

was this the guy on the SF Bayarea craigslist talking about wanting to trade his dime for a miata "or comparable rwd car"???? I knew he needed pics...that thing is way nicer than i thought it would be....people who try to sell cars without pics are silly...good snag you'll enjoy it way more than the miata...

yeah i hate the white bumpers i cant to shine em up

as for rims ill have a set by next week

and i didnt like the seats because the power wasnt hooked up and i couldnt adjust them but i put some power to it and found out the seats have air bags in about 5 or 6 different spots so i can deflate and air up the spots that i choose which is preety dope! i love those seats now but i tinkered on her a bit today removed the ghetto fogs that were bolted up fixed my dome light and painted my windshield wipers and rear vents behind the windows black.

what be hard about keeping it running? it has the l20b swapped in it and the motor has hella low mileage and runs great

and i will research things before i actually do them as the stuff comes time and ive been reading on here a lot already as well as 510 realm