TT 396ci stroker LT-1 in a 620 WA! WA! WHAAAAAT!!!

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/bad_03_lightning/OHPLOGO.jpg

This truck is a current project at Obscene Horsepower Technologies inc. in Wheatfield , IN. USA. Scheduled to be finished by Hot Rod power tour 09' just found this site and since we all know finding parts for these is difficult :blink: so hopefully you guys can help in me finishing this project on time and presenting this community and the mini truck world with what I hope will be the sickest 620 ever built!! I will post as many pix as possible when I get them uploaded and will be more than willing to answer all the Q's I can.

780150885_l.jpg

twinturboLT1.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, 396 is a GM big block, and pictured is a small block. It is easy to get 396 out of a small block with a little bore and stroke work. You can even get a 427 from them, maybe even bigger with the right wallet.

That truck is going to be sick to drive.

Jason

396 ci small block chevy is a 4.035" bore with a 3.875" stroke= nasty amounts of low end torque. As far as the turbo setup those headers where made for a s-10 project, that pic is just the motor we're using for fitting and fabing everything, were working on doing what we can to fit it all under the hood but its possible we'll have to remote mount them. there is more room under the hood of this one than youd think we have pushed th firewall back about 8 inches and were in the middle of streching the cab 4 inches. Ive put more into less so it'll work out. As long as Ive got .035 wire left Ill make it happen. LOL

did anyone happen to notice that the truck is a right hand drive, unless the photo is flipped, :D, very cool,if it is an rhd get back to me, i'm gettin ready to start on my king kab..need some q's answered:D

Got the motor set in and ready for some motor mounts to be fabbed, had to trim out the firewall some more but just at the top to set the motor in under the cowl panel. The motor sits perfect, as far as the truck still lays out with 3/4" of clearance from ground to the oil pan and the cowl hood is enough to cover the inch or so of the throttle body that sticks up over the fender, I also still have 4 inches from the front edge of the compressor housing to the core support.

AND LOOK I MANAGED TO SAVE THE HIGH BEAMS LOL:rolleyes:

motorin1.jpg

motorin2.jpg

sideviewofmotorin.jpg

what rear end will you be using? can you shoot any pics of the interior? i'm interested in knowing how much you had to trim the tranny tunnel. great project, it will be insane to drive.

I plan on prolly using a narrowed gm 12 bolt from moser engineering, I have mickey thompson HR-1 wheels backs are 18"x14.5" fronts are 18"x6". I am tubbing,caging,narrowing,ect on this project. I wiil post pixs of what I cut out so far but this is very early in the fabbing. You also have to know that this truck has already been bodydropped 6"s by the previous owner, so the floor pans and firewall are all already custom made, basically this truck is close to just a shell of a 620 and will end up being that when its done. Im waiting on all the tubing to start the new chassis and cage, because of how fast this truck should be it has to pass an NHRA 25-2 inspection. This will end up being a ground up build with the shell of the 620 mated over the top.

Sorry but that on the posting Im new to this forum stuff so if im f*&^in do stuff wrong just lemme know so I dun keep doin it LOL

Dont worry these guys will keep you in line ;)

I merged your threads for ya. Thanks for the PM, you have one in return :)

this community and the mini truck world with what I hope will be the sickest 620 ever built:fu:

I think my truck is...uh..sicker than yours....IT HASNT RUN IN 15 YEARS.. That makes it one sick bitch.:D shit it won't run. or drive....now THAT IS SICK!!!!!!:lol:

dd:fu: