1972 Datsun 510 Revival

brodster

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, those are actually for the Maxima.  I got them from another user, who no longer has his Maxi, so he hit me up and sent them up the other week.  They just happened to get blasted with some 510 stuff.  Too much stuff for too many cars :blush:

But, if you're looking for some for the 510, hit up Tristin.  He recently put some on his..... but might not want to give up his source... :sneaky:

We'll see if the sentiment of "diggin' it" and "looks good" keep up as I keep painting everything.... :D   If not... :fu:   I'm stoked for it to be finally rounding the bend to being able to put shit back together.  7+ years later.... it's about damn time!  :hyper:

I already know that Tristin most likely won't like our fully blacked out grille, but I'm okay with that :poke:   ;)

I already know that Tristin most likely won't like our fully blacked out grille, but I'm okay with that :poke:   ;)

Yeah, not my thing, but Ill just be happy your Dime is on the road finally so Ill let it slide. Will it be done for POTD? Whenever it drives we need to hit up a place for breakfast like last year... have any sweet eateries around your new place?

Def keep it up! Love seeing the updates.  Been wanting to take the front apart on the 510 and get parts cleaned up such as the headlight buckets and grille. This is major inspiration and motivation for what it will be like at the end.  Def makes it look worth the work

Haha, I'm just giving you shit, Tristin.  I actually appreciate that we all have different tastes.  Makes it so that everything isn't so bland with everyone's rides being the same. 

And yeah, it's a ton of work to take everything off and dissect it, but it will be nice for this car to finally be clean again.....

I use to daily this thing back in 2006.  A coworker / friend of mine had her truck break down and needed a ride to work.  I went to pick her up in this.  She opened the door, looks in, looks and me and say, "really Lynch?!" with a complete look of disgust on her face.  :rofl:   The headliner was falling down, door panels falling off, the carpet had been ripped out, but there was still the remnants of horse-hair type shit floating all over the place, there was dirt and dust from living in  NorCal for the prior 30 years.... it was pretty gross.  

So yeah, this will be nice to actually have it clean inside and throughout.  It's a long process, but well worth it in the end.  It's just all taking a whole hell of a lot longer than I had hoped (because I want to drive this shit already!), but it will all be worth it when we're done.  :thumbup:

Haha, I'm just giving you shit, Tristin.  I actually appreciate that we all have different tastes.  Makes it so that everything isn't so bland with everyone's rides being the same. 

No doubt!

Im sure whatever you do it will be great. I mean with 7yrs of work it better be good, right?

haha, oh, no, it hasn't been 7 years of work.  It's been a bit over a year of actual work now.  It's just been 7 years or so since the first shit was pulled off/out of it.  Hence why I am missing random trim pieces and shit now.  We've moved 4 or 5 times since we pulled the first parts off.  :sleep: 

Thanks Jay, I'm hoping it will be done soon as well!

Adam, if we had as many projects going on simultaneously as you do, I wouldn't be pulling every piece apart like this.  I've just made it a point to only work on this car for now, until it's done this way (because it was desperately needed), and then move onto the next.  

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I just read through your thread. Wow, nice just guys. I knew the 521 was great and now I see this one. Sweet job and nice touches along the way. That bondo situation was crazy, but now it's gone!! Keep up the good work. I'll have to follow this thread also.

Thanks for reviving this! :)  We are actually hoping to get back to working on this again in the next few weeks.  Life has been crazy, and we haven't done anything on this since buying our house almost a year ago now and having to pack up all of our shit and move for the third time in a year.

So, hopefully this thread will be a little more active again soon with legit updates  :w00t: