"Datsunami" 510 SR23DET S14 Build.... SR-TITTY-THREE!

I'm going for a conservative 350-400whp.  I over built the motor on purpose to be bullet proof. 

I don't like operating at the edge of reliability. ;)

what would you estimate you have $$$ wise into the motor, I'm just trying to get an idea on how much i'll have to spend to get there plus a few whp more lol

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what would you estimate you have $$$ wise into the motor, I'm just trying to get an idea on how much i'll have to spend to get there plus a few whp more lol

My motor is built to be reliable up to 900whp and high boost. I just don't need that in a 510. Hahaha 

Even tho I got allot of "My loss, your gain" deals on allot of it, the cost was still over 8k just for the long block. 

That doesn't count manifolds, turbo, injectors, or any peripheral parts other than the Block and Head. 

But I couldn't build this long block again for less than 11k.

• Like 2

My motor is built to be reliable up to 900whp and high boost. I just don't need that in a 510. Hahaha 

Even tho I got allot of "My loss, your gain" deals on allot of it, the cost was still over 8k just for the long block. 

That doesn't count manifolds, turbo, injectors, or any peripheral parts other than the Block and Head. 

But I couldn't build this long block again for less than 11k.

Shit man, I better start sweet talking my old lady to let me make it happen in 2yrs. By 2016 I want to be running a built s15 sr on e85 possibly and have 450+ hp or more with the mod of a tune, hope to be able to achieve it with a 15k budget but I need to do research

• Like 1

That's funny. Reminds me of the time I was fussing over buying an engine stand. I held off and next time I went to the shop discovered I already had one, bought it two months earlier and had already used it...... Oh and my two shop mates both had engine stands too.... There was three of them at the shop... Dumb!

• Like 1

Also, try to use 1 computer when researching. I'd spend hours researching on my home computer and find on my parents computer later that i already bookmarked it. Plus i would go to get the info and remember it was on a different computer. Fuuuuuu

Maybe a Flash Drive you kept with you all the time would fix that.

• Like 1

Alright, for all of you wondering what kind of numbers i put down tonight, they were pretty disappointing. 267whp/250tq.

Figures if run into more troubles. Lol

Had some troubles with the injectors, air/fuel and timing.

Decided against tuning higher than 10lbs of boost.

Runs great now but I'm kinda pissed. No time to sort It out while accruing dyno time so tuned her for break in and will do just that.

The positive side is that Drives and feels fugging great.

Still an awesome feeling to drive her again after so long.

Over the winter i can sort all this stuff out.

Going to pull the injectors and have them flow tested. Here's a vid....

http://s303.photobucket.com/user/xtc-9k/media/510%20tune_zpspqvj1zm5.mp4.html?filters[user]=67013771&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

• Like 2

In other News, Going to take the RSX down for the winter also. 
Need to do some much needed maintenance and such. 
Have the Suspension sent to Tein and rebuilt, Figure out why it's shaking on throttle, and Needs 
a new motor mount. 
So I needed a DD and one fell right into my lap. 
Bought my buddy's MX73 Toyota Cressida. 

I opted out on buying the wheels as I just have too much going on right now. 
Plus, it is winter and I don't want to mess up any of my "Summer" wheels. 

What do you think?  

This is it with Aggressive Wheels... 
185-JP0506_Toyota-Cressida-MX73_zpsvglfg

On Stockies....

20141108_125321_zpsrkfynmwy.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Picked these up for the Cressida

2015-01-08%2010.20.45_zps5hrivjpp.png

Going to rebarrel them to this...

2015-01-21%2021.57.37_zps11hz1on1.png

What you think, Yes?

lol  can't believe you picked up another set. Figured you already had a set that would fit the Cressy. You have wheel issues homie!

• Like 1