"Datsunami" 510 SR23DET S14 Build.... SR-TITTY-THREE!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use nuts like these:

ATP_TurbineCopperNuts_4.jpg

They are a type of all metal lock nut, they have a flanged style as well.  

http://www.frsport.com/FRSPORT-8mm-nut-Turbo-Outlet-8mm--1-25pitch--Locking-Head-Nut_p_3096.html

Digging the new(est) set of rollers!

WIll Stainless nuts work too? 

And Thanks, The Longchamp Mesh are going to be sweet! 

I may have overlooked some information but I was under the impression they didn't make Quick Release hubs for the 510/620 vehicles. is the one on your truck a direct fit? any specifications?

I have a 510, not a truck. Not sure if the Spline is the same.

But my setup consists of a NRG Short Hub and a Works Bell QR. 

Ended up having to use a combination of my new locking nuts and my old 12 point ARP nuts.

There were 2 locations where I couldn't get the access necessary to turn the hex nut and 2 locations I couldn't get the 12 point box end over the 12 point nut. Spent 10 bucks o a pack of 5 nuts and could only use 2 of them. Story of my life. Lol

Also decided to ditch my BMW Projector lights.

The Light housings were just too long and impeded on some areas I needed to use.

I still want HIDS so I found some NOS H1 Marchal Bulbs and they look awesome.

Marchal lights all up front now. Plus, I really like the old school bulb look.

The projectors just take away from the vintage feel. Just puting distance between me and all those projector/halo rice combos everyone is seeming to be installing lately. FTMFL! Hahaha

Anyways, I digress, here are some pics of the S.E.V. Marchal bulbs,

2014-08-23212448_zps96941f4c.jpg

2014-08-23212419_zpsda514b34.jpg

• Like 2

Did allot of work on the dime this weekend. Felt good to get allot of the small things I've needed to do done.
I love putting in work on the 510, even tho I cuss at it allot... hahaha

Also received some more shizzle for the dime today.  
3" 45deg 4 ply Coupling for the intake and some T-clamps. 
Those little fuckers are expnsive as far as clamps go... 

2014-08-25121645_zps5ffd34f6.jpg

Finally Modified my light bezels to properly retain the Fogs. 
Modified the Bezel Ring feet to make them shorter so that they sandwiched the fogs. 
Also Modified the Headlights a bit to make them fit and they are "perfect"! 

Plenty of room behind my headlight buckets now! 

Took me forever but mostly cause I am an insane perfectionist. Nothing I pull of my car 

goes back on without being cleaned or polished. 

Those old BMW Ellipsoid cans are way too long and I really wanted a more vintage look for the front grill area. 

Still have to adjust them a bit but you get the idea. 

2014-08-24140933_zpsf3489f82.jpg

• Like 2

I was shooting for that but i'll be happy if I even just get to drive it around before the weather gets bad... Lolol

Your right there, are you attending and/or showing?

You can do it man I wanna drool over this thing in person lol, I'm just attending I don't think my car is up to show standards...

• Like 1

You can do it man I wanna drool over this thing in person lol, I'm just attending I don't think my car is up to show standards...

Not sure if I'll have enough time to shake all the bugs out for a 4oo mile trip by then but I will have it running! 

And I think with the different rules and such the real car show will be out in the parking lot! 

Annnnnd, I finally received my Hoshino Impul G5's from japan. Took 2 months vis sea mail but I got a GREAT deal on them ;) 

Awe Yeah! Giggity. :run:
I received my Hoshino Impul G5's today after a 2 month wait from japan via Sea Mail. LOL 
15x7 and 15x8 4x114.3
These are going to look awesome when refinished! 

2014-08-28153159_zps664ac347.jpg
  • Like 1

Annnnnd, I finally received my Hoshino Impul G5's from japan. Took 2 months vis sea mail but I got a GREAT deal on them ;) 

Awe Yeah! Giggity. :run:
I received my Hoshino Impul G5's today after a 2 month wait from japan via Sea Mail. LOL 
15x7 and 15x8 4x114.3
These are going to look awesome when refinished! 

2014-08-28153159_zps664ac347.jpg

Stop buying up all the cool fuckin wheels man  :mad: sell me a set  :crying:

Haha I totally made it just in time. I had my old 510 in the show in 2011 or 2012 (JCCS 8) and by their new standards I don't think I'd be allowed in even the parking lot hahaha

Also...EPIC build! ;)

• Like 3

Haha I totally made it just in time. I had my old 510 in the show in 2011 or 2012 (JCCS 8) and by their new standards I don't think I'd be allowed in even the parking lot hahaha

Also...EPIC build! ;)

What did you make in time? Lol

Ya, I hear allot of people saying "if" they go, even if they could get their car in, they are just going to hang in the parking lot.

Thanks, its been down for 2 years. I "Epically" miss it :'(