"Datsunami" 510 SR23DET S14 Build.... SR-TITTY-THREE!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So now we're running into oil pressure problems.

Tried most every trick to get the air out of the system but nothing yet.

Figures. The pump in brand new so I really don't think it's that. The motor had been sitting for over a year so we, somehow, have to get the pump primed and develop oil pressure...

It will happen; it's just nerve racking.

WE GOT OIL PRESSURE!!! F#UCK YES! 
Took some doing but perseverance has paid off! 

The Wiring guy had to leave the country to attend some family business and wont be back for 2 weeks. 
Had to cancel my tuning appt on the 18th but shit happens so Just a few other odds and ends after that.

So Stay Tuned..... 

• Like 2

There are some things missing from when the Poop Head guy that took my engine out.
Things like my coil pack mounting bolts, tranny wiring, non labeled wires snipped off, lost ignition signal write to the starter so have to bypass the alarm for now to get it working, etc. My wiring is mil-spec and can not be tapped, spliced, soldered without special tools and solder. And my tranny drain plug was tightened too tight and totally striped out. Need to change tranny oil to :(
both fuel pumps go on and stay on ignition on but not started. A bunch of shit like this. Not to mention I am super busy at work and really afraid to ah for a day off or even a few hours to go see my car and start it up.
So stressful

Who the hell just cuts wires when they're removing an engine!?

I know, right? And I told him they were Mil-spec also. Dude works with a well known Datsun Builder too.

Anyways, that's the story of this Dato, always having to fix what people fucked up. But in the end, it will be done nicely. ;)

• Like 1

Damn man.... sounds like you're hitting all the same snags I hit. Are you running your fuel pumps off a relay? The issue you're talking about is because the starting circuit and running circuit are separate circuits. I ended up having a trigger wire from both hit the fuel pump relay so that it turns on in both circuits. There are other ways to handle that as there are several types of relays available. A "better" solution is to use that push button starter thingymajig that I see around here. It's supposed to alleviate that problem because it's from a car with EFI that needs power when cranking. (350z?)

From a different perspective - ultimately what you want is power on in run/start and the start circuit should just be sending power to your starter to crank the motor. 

Also, still very excited that your car is seeing work and will be running/driving soon. 

Ben, I actually have a DZ push button start from an Altima. Made by Dave. Just haven't installed it.
The wiring guy fixed it by adding some diodes somewhere.
Just dropped off some parts, fuel and radiator fluid stuff. Distilled water, anti freeze, water wetter and rust inhibitor.
This Sat. Should be the start date. Fingers crossed everything goes good. ;)

• Like 1

Ran into a coolant leak today. Ordered a new fitting to rectify that. 

Also testing the fuel system and there were a few fuel leaks but I expected that since it is a new fuel delivery system and such. 
But a little more tightening took care of that ;) 

Just an Oic of it sitting outside of TECH3|

20140918_105727_zpsbt6hak3v.jpg

• Like 2
Good News and Bad News.... 

Good News: She Started up first try and sounds HEALTHY! 

Bad News: She has a Coolant leak coming from between the Head and Block on the right rear side. 
The fan control is not working right so we could not run her to see if it would seal. 
So after we fix the fan controller, we can heat cycle her and see if it seals. :angel:  Praying 
If not, we have to re-torque everything.  :crying: 

Like I really needed this problem right now....