"Ramblin Rose"

LAYEDOUTB2K

well i splurged and bought another 320. this one will be my daily driver. i saw it in craigslist and looked like a real good deal. i paid $1000 for it and just had to do a couple things to get it running. its a good price since i saw the reciept in the glove box for the upholstery that was just recovered for $800. i am going to be keeping this truck all original and that means ive decided to for sure bag and bodydrop the other NL that i have. the interior is in really good shape since it was just recovered. the chrome on its pretty good too, especialy the headlight bezels. the body is straight except there is a little damage on the front fender and on the passenger side of the bed. the only rust is on the rocker panel and it is minimal. the motor runs pretty good, but it leaks and the carb will need to be rebuilt eventualy.

on to the pics.

2003915299638378550_rs.jpg

2003906153882705800_rs.jpg

2000873680958985334_rs.jpg

2000891787699533539_rs.jpg

heres where the nickname "ramblin rose" came from. it looks like it was painted on years ago and im stickin to that name.

2003975378856613928_rs.jpg

2004567430084416447_rs.jpg

2004568341138505984_rs.jpg

2000373265971646415_rs.jpg

the 320 was right at home in my friends shop with 3 other dattos.

2004516916640072772_rs.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i splurged and bought another 320. this one will be my daily driver. i saw it in craigslist and looked like a real good deal. i paid $1000 for it and just had to do a couple things to get it running. its a good price since i saw the reciept in the glove box for the upholstery that was just recovered for $800. i am going to be keeping this truck all original and that means ive decided to for sure bag and bodydrop the other NL that i have. ]

Ohhhh thank you thank you! Love these little trucks. I appreciate the modified, but love the stock. I'm anxious to see just what you end up doing. What a cool daily this will be.

one of the main reasons too why ill be modifying the other one is because it doesnt have the original motor in it and someone cut the back of the cab out below the window when there was a canopy on it.

i have a few questions because autopart stores dont list the truck in their book

1. the generator isnt working. are they rebuildable or just replace it? where can i find parts for it? can i go into schucks and maybe say i have maybe a 521 and they would be the same, or any other vehicle? part number?

2. oil filter part #?

Couple 320 things:

Generator: Remember that 320s are 12v POSITIVE ground. So a 520, which has an ALTERNATOR, wouldn't be a match. Could you make it work? Yes, but it's take more wiring than it's worth, when you can put a GM One-wire in for the same effort. The latter DOES mean switching the whole truck to 12v NEG ground, which means the stock radio won't work... everything else seemed OK, except maybe the temperature gauge (but it seems pretty common for them to be jammed hard over).

Filters: Oil filters, Last time I was in Schucks looking for said element they had them in stock. Problem is, they don't have the reference in their computer (I took the old element in, had the part number on it). Unfortunately the only filter I have with said part number on it is in the engine...

after that last post i did, i looked on the620.com because i remembered they had wiring diagrams and i remembered something about positive ground. then i looked on the truck and the guy i bought it from had put the new battery in with a negative ground. everything works on the truck except the generator, tailights, blinkers, and radio. could that be the problem with those having the battery backwards. does it harm anything because i know on a normal vehicle, if you put the battery backwards, it screws stuff up?

i am going to be keeping this truck all original and that means ive decided to for sure bag and bodydrop the other NL that i have]

NICE 320!!!!

I offered'm $1500 a long time ago,

thank GOD he said no, cuz I got the NL and a 320 parts truck

a week later!

800.00 for that interior?:blink: I'm in the wrong biz?

cant wait for more pictures.... of your NL.:D

NICE 320!!!!

I offered'm $1500 a long time ago,

thank GOD he said no, cuz I got the NL and a 320 parts truck

a week later!

800.00 for that interior?:blink: I'm in the wrong biz?

cant wait for more pictures.... of your NL.:D

$800 is about an average price for that much work. i was quoted around 4-500 dollars to do just a bench seat. they did the bench, doors, headliner, visors, kick panels, and carpet. the carpet is just dirty in the pics from sitting but its brand new. the light grey is also suede.

heres a pic of my NL

2005790104681298064_rs.jpg

i bought it about 11 years ago for $50(i was 10) and its just been sitting since. it needs a lot of work but i plan on starting it after i finish my mazda.

i started trying to fix some of the electrical work on it and found out the previous owner paid a shop to screw the wiring up in it. i was wondering why a reciept in the dash said misc wiring fixes. the "mechanic" had no idea that it was a positive ground system and had done some funky stuff with the wiring on the lights and im in the process of putting it back to the way it should be. also one of my friends had grabbed some fine cut cleaner laying around and hand buffed a couple spots on the truck seeing what it would look like. it looks as though it will buff out pretty decent, exect the roof. im thinkin about doing a rising sun on the roof. what do ya guys think?

Nice score. The 320's are fun to work on but hard to find even simple tune up parts. Ive seen in person a 320 where the owner had installed a Mitsubishi alternator & it looked like a basic wiring job & a alt. arm modification. Ive accidently hooked the batt. cables backwards before on my 65 & it still started & ran but not sure if it's hard on the generator or not. Hard to see what wires have been changed but you get the idea here.........

E1alt.jpg

i kind of really want to replace or fix the generator thats in it to keep everything original. the main thing i need right now is a carb rebuild kit. its been runnin weird and i looked through the glass on the float bowl and the fuel level is about an inch higher than it should be.

i didnt know they made toppers for the 620!?! where can i get one?

S10 and Toyota shortbeds are the same as the Datsun shortbed. Any canopy from one of those should work. That said, measure before you buy. ;)