510 Aluminum Radiators from Datsun Parts LLC

Datsun Parts

I just wanted to let anyone who is interested know I will soon have Datsun 510 (68-73) 3 row aluminum radiators for sale. I just got the prototype today and test fitting it tomorrow. Once I get it approved as a correct fit I should have them in stock within 30-60 days. I will take pre-orders on my website or phone orders for $240.00 shipped. I will also have them for the 620 Truck now too. These are designed to be a factory replacement without any modifications. I will post installed photos soon with electric fan options too.

40fd7602.jpg

3e832edf-1.jpg

625ab319.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK here you go. Looks good, fits right and cools excellent.....off to production! I had to notch a 10" fan slightly to clear the pulley. We had to use a flex hose on the bottom and a cut to fit one for the top as the local Napa did not have OEM 510 hoses in stock. However still looks like stock hoses will work just fine.

I hope I do not get too much grief from the manufacture as John would not let me take it back out to return it as I said I would.....actually I did not want to anyway!

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0352-1.jpg

IMG_0351-1.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0349-1.jpg

I like it ,,, but i do not unfortunatel own a 510 or 620 ,,, but I like the fit so far :)

Stupid question if I may Datsun Parts LLC ,,, ( I know you said it will fit without any modification , but us datsun guys all alike tend to switch parts around as you well know !)

Will this fit a Stock Cooling Fan ? or need a specific one ?

Just a suggestion also ,,, looking at lower radiator hose fitting/mounting near belt/hose ,,, that's pretty tight clearance ,,, looks good ,,, but with a possible GM or other upgraded alternator ,,, does anyone know if this could give a potential swap any troubles with fitment ? :)

I always thought it would be neat to have a female threaded bung in the top tank for electric fan sender all ready to go... ( just a thought nothing more ! can be accomplished a number of ways )

you also have some room on the drivers side for a potentially sweet looking uniformed/asymmetrical over flow tank ! nice !!! or passenger side ...

OK Looks good

Only thing I was worryed about is the lower inlet/outlet by the alternator. Thats cutting it close.

Is there a way to get it away a little more from the alternator and use a 510 hose.

Alternators do got loose bolts in the block thus need soem extra room for slop.

Hate to see a nice car go down cause a hose got cut.

Be Honest that radiator looks bad ass.

wheres it made at?

The belt on Johns 510 is way too long and it maxed out the adjustment, thus placing the pulley close to the hose. If you have the correct belt then the alternator would sit much further away from the hose. Its a China made Champion brand but I have used several of their radiators in Z cars and my truck with great results! Not sure about the stock fan option but if I remember right the 510 did not use a fan clutch so there is plenty of room for the blade to mount on the pulley.

The belt on Johns 510 is way too long and it maxed out the adjustment, thus placing the pulley close to the hose. If you have the correct belt then the alternator would sit much further away from the hose. Its a China made Champion brand but I have used several of their radiators in Z cars and my truck with great results! Not sure about the stock fan option but if I remember right the 510 did not use a fan clutch so there is plenty of room for the blade to mount on the pulley.

Like Al said my belt is WAY to long for the car. And I also have a much larger than stock Alt. So I think it looks a little off in the pic. I'll put a new belt on and get some pic's up so you can see that it's not as bad as it looks.

I'm all the way at the end of the upper alt bracket and the belt is not as tight as it should be. A friend owed me a favor and installed the alt, And I never looked at until Al pointed it out yesterday. So one more fix and it will be bitchen.

I just wanted to let anyone who is interested know I will soon have Datsun 510 (68-73) 3 row aluminum radiators for sale. I just got the prototype today and test fitting it tomorrow. Once I get it approved as a correct fit I should have them in stock within 30-60 days. I will take pre-orders on my website or phone orders for $240.00 shipped. I will also have them for the 620 Truck now too. These are designed to be a factory replacement without any modifications. I will post installed photos soon with electric fan options too.

Well you have these in stock soon????

I drove the wagon on Saturday, while running the car from light to light in town I never turned on the fan. I ran it on the fwy for about 25 miles. As I got into town and hit a few lights I turned on the fan when the car got up to about 190- Then it went down to about 180-185. Real quick.

Looks like it's much better than what I had. (The rabbit radiator set up.)

I was told it will take 60-90 days to get these in stock as they come from China. However I need to gauge the interest so they know how many to make on the first run.

Also, I believe Johns wagon is running a 180 thermostat if he switched it to a 160 I bet it would stay cooler.

Al,

Do you have a 160 thermostat? That way I won't even have to turn on the fan.

The 160s I use are the standard STANT 54mm you get anywhere.

In theory one should run a hotter stat so the rad has time to really cool the water in the rad. before the stat opens up.

But I myself run 160s but on hot days it can still get hot.

Datrod sonce you got a elelctric fan mayeb install a reostat for that fun and adjust it so it come on at the right time.( I assume you got it manual swithc)

Most later fuse boxes have a BLU aircond wire you can use as a 12volt switchable

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...