just got a 1200!

squatches

well id been looking at this thing on cl for a while and i finally decided to go get it, picked it up for $400 yesterday and drove it home. its a little rough but runs and drives good, all the lights, guages, and such work and it has new recovered seats in it.

3nd3k13l55Q25P65S4b8e58d6663041e4147e.jpg

3kb3mf3pb5Q05W55S1b8ec7a791058c9211a7.jpg

3kc3p83o05Y45T45S0b8ee44a20715aca11b2.jpg

3nb3pd3oe5Z65P15R3b8e9552033789c016e0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get yourself a new door and some fat tires and call it good ...frickin awesome. That is a good deal for running driving car

its gonna be hard finding a door around here this the first 2dr ive seen around here, and i think two cars with fat tires is a little to much lol. i already get bashed enough for the ones on the goon ha.

yeah i frequently go to junkyards and scrap yards looking for cars and parts and ive never come across a 1200, but i have found a junkyard thats 5 min from the house with a few 510's, 620's, 520's and b210's. so atleast i cant get engines and trans when ever i need them. but im prob just gonna suck it up and drive as is

Congrats. Seat recovering is $300 and up.

That door can be fixed, just pound it straight. Maybe find an old guy who knows panel beating.

thanks, yeah the seats were the first thing i noticed when i saw it lol, as for the door my girlfriend went to trade school for body and paint so im gonna let her fix it but i have to get the tools for her to so it will be awhile. for now i plan to do a tune up, fix the brakes, get a decent set of tires on it and drive it as is and enjoy it. biggrin.gif

oh and maybe try to track down some seals for the leaksunsure.gif

• 10 months later...

its been awhile since i posted anything about this car alot has changed on it since i got it. ill just post the build thread here i see no reason to start a new one for it.

just have finished swaping in a 1.4 into it and alot of other things.

old engine

3nb3pd3oe5Z65P15R3b8e9552033789c016e0-1.jpg

old engine coming out

phone330.jpg

phone328.jpg

old engine out

newphone050.jpg

new engine in

newphone049.jpg

plates to set engine back

newphone048.jpg

battery relocated to trunk

224.jpg

replacing rotors,wheel bearings, break pads, and brake hoses.

123.jpg

124.jpg

sorry dont have pics of new stuff on i got into putting all of it on lol.

wired in an electric fan, and pulled the romex and speaker wire that someone had used to fix part of the radio and guage harness. added an extra fuse block to put other accesories on and rewired the radio, cig lighter, and guages.

fan switch, havent mounted it yet

159.jpg

radio and cig lighter in

167.jpg

now i can watch movies in the 1200 lol

174.jpg

FWIW, there's a couple of cheap options? A lot easier than making your own. But I understand the DIY lust too. :thumbup:

yea ive been wanting to try to make as much stuff as i can for this car, its been a great experience rebuilding things, making things for it. ive learned a good bit about the car its self by doing so. :) and if my fender flair idea/design doesnt work out i can buy some or just rock it all cut up for awhile. :P

On my friend's 1200 Coupe, we took four fenders from an early 80s Dodge Omni. They have 3" wide steel flares in them. We just cut the flares out of the fenders and welded them into the 1200. Was dirt cheap ($20 each from Pick-N-Pull), and worked a treat.

My fiberglass flares are the Japanese style bolt-ons. Looks like this:

epicjtinmeet3.jpg

Got them from Classic Datsun for $215 plus shipping.

Pretty easy to fit up so far, just started on the fronts recently...

hayashi_wheels_010s.jpg