Rare Find

JAS

Got my 74 B210 from a little old lady last year with 58,000 original miles. Over the last year, I had to clean out the fuel system, rebuilt an A14 and installed with the manual gearbox swap from automatic. Got lucky with the A14 core, got the H89 head with its intake and exhaust manifold... Added a Weber 32/36.

I am new to the Ratsun forum, but was a long time member of zcar.com untill the law saw fit to slow me down. B210's are the more unique than the Zee's anyway. For posted pictures, look over my gallery. I daily drive my little car. Also, my yougest daughter has a 79 210 sedan that she is nuts about, and I have a nice 620 KC. Have had and worked on Datsuns for 34 years, keep getting them...

This little B210 is in about a normal 5 year old car condition, original paint and interior. Only heard of the little old lady storys, i actually have her original paperwork from 1974 with the car. Just thought i would introduce myself, love datsuns, always have... this is my 4th 210 model, i have restored 6 Z cars in the past and a 520, and a 620 truck.

It is amazing how the H89 shaved head and Weber help the car.

Anyway, thought I would share the photos and story, the car is real rare find in its condition.

• Like 1
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tires only rub slightly when turning sharp and hitting a bump hard, like turning into my driveway. Next step is to put adjustable camber plates in. Will help with the steering some. Have to run 93 octane, but still is good mpg. sounds throaty even with the stock exhaust. Dont think I will lower it, but will go urathane suspension parts. Probably park it for the winter and drive the 620KC, these cars like to go ass forward at the drop of a hat....

• Like 1

Was a $500.00 wonder car from Craigslist Boise last year. had to tow it home, interior is most excelent still too. Looking for louvers for it, but that will be tough. Runs excellent, people either hate it or love it. My high school senior daughter has a 79 210 sedan two door. A friend of mine had this same car in high school in the 70's, used to go to keggers up the muddy logging roads on the coast of oregon with 6 of us piled into it. That impressed me that that little car could go where most others got stuck. Was sold on datsuns from then on.

• Like 1

Well done. I used to suspect the little old lady stories were fiction too. I got my 1200 from...you guessed it, a little old lady. Her deceased husband bought it new. It had been parked in a field for over 20 years. It took 10 years for her to decide to let me buy it. Love the color on your bee. Keep us posted on your progress.

• Like 1

5 way Sony X-plode stereo system has been added, people freak at a middle aged guy thumping metallica at 1,000 watts. Went with the Datsun provided cut-outs for the 5.25" speakers, no door cut outs for my cute car. Added a high output coil to go with the $20.00 matchbox distributer, its a pointless ride now.... I am points retarded anyway,,, never could get them right in less than a couple days at best... so there was a point to it... Upgraded to a 310 alternator and pulled out the esternal regulator.

Anywone know what the little box next to the radiator is with a little red knob on it, its beside the radiator on the passenger side almost at the bottom, lots of wires andbolted to bthe grill low. Its a 74, originally an automatic.... does not show on a wiring diagram. No counter on it....

• Like 1

Was a $500.00 wonder car from Craigslist Boise last year. had to tow it home, interior is most excelent still too. LOOKING FOR LOUVERS FOR IT, but that will be tough. Runs excellent, people either hate it or love it. My high school senior daughter has a 79 210 sedan two door. A friend of mine had this same car in high school in the 70's, used to go to keggers up the muddy logging roads on the coast of oregon with 6 of us piled into it. That impressed me that that little car could go where most others got stuck. Was sold on datsuns from then on.

are these the ones you are looking for?

7007.jpg

Mike

edit: nice find btw

Rub it in! Nice set of louvers on a nice car.... these are getting rarer than hens teeth... Might have a line on a set, except i cant get an answer to queries..... My wife hates them, my car though.... its nice to be able to afford to work on your toys for a change in life. done with Z-cars, the bee is my baby.

Rub it in! Nice set of louvers on a nice car.... these are getting rarer than hens teeth... Might have a line on a set, except i cant get an answer to queries..... My wife hates them, my car though.... its nice to be able to afford to work on your toys for a change in life. done with Z-cars, the bee is my baby.

But thats not my car. The Yellow one is ...

I do have a set though. let me get back to you on this topic... I have an idea

Mike

Yes please get back to me on this topic (louvers).... "Cool beans!" as my daughter says..... I was stuck driving my 620 KK to work this morning, my bee lost the clutch... Came home after work and had to clean out the slave cylinder.. Was dirty from the hydaulic line, i did the manual transmission swap and cleaned it all out and put in new slave and master cylinder.... but still had contamination in the slave... All good now, was jones'ing for the Bee all day. the sound of the stock exhaust with the high compression engine... sweet to drive the car. The truck drives like a truck.... Nice, but not the Bee.... nice how the head, carb, with nice flowing intake/exhaust will wake up a car..... the simple stuff. I live in an upscale subdivision, waited untill my neighbor went to church last weekend before i painted my daughters 79 210 sedan last week end.... sad, i am basically upper class white trash that waits for my neighbors to leave for church before spraying 3 coats of paint on a car.... or doing engine swaps.

Anywone know what the little box next to the radiator is with a little red knob on it, its beside the radiator on the passenger side almost at the bottom, lots of wires andbolted to bthe grill low. Its a 74, originally an automatic.... does not show on a wiring diagram. No counter on it....

Seatbelt Ignition interlock override. Mandated early '74 by congress critters, removed later that year due to overwhelming public hatred of the seatbelt interlock system.

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 1

Anyway, update... got a nice car stereo, replacing the CD player with a media player, no CD's anymore. Lots of memory and a remote. Putting it in tomorow in my B210 and one in my daughters 79 210...

Allready have the speakers/amps/crossovers installed. The older you get, the louder you need it to hear it.

Want advice on exhaust systems, have a stock 74 exhaust with the high compression engine, sounds good and all, but wondering about larger exhaust and muffler... not fart can resonators please... too Honda'ish... something throaty... but not too obnoxious... Dont want a header, have the H89 head/intake/exhaust setup that is matched real well.

• Like 1

This is my Third one, first one was 76 2 door sedan, second was my wifes 79 210 coupe, this is the third one.... My daughter has a 79 2 door sedan, just got done with her and mines stereos today. Media players instead of CD players, 32 Gb SD cards, thank god for folders or we would get lost in all the music. Running 900 watt system with a 200 watt head unit. that powers the front, back is equalized and duel amped. seriously going to tear apart the poor little car. Bangs real hard, using the 6x9's for mid and highs and a 10" bandpass sub.

Still looking for advice on a good exhaust system, no Honda fart cans..

• Like 1