Rare Find

JAS

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the shaved H89 head and manifolds, the stock exhaust is pretty throaty..... Putting the new rear window louvers on it this weekend... Dont know if i want to lower it though. Next is a 5 speed upgrade, converted it from automatic to 4 speed a few months ago.

• Like 1

gallery_6836_931_18162.jpg

Got desperate and installed the 60 series 4 speed, in the serious market for a 60+ series 5 speed now..... Dont like pushing the little car at 5,000+ RPM's on Idaho highways for 200 mile trips. JUST GOT THE LOUVERS!!! NIB Old Stock, even the fasteners were still sealed in original plastic bag in the original box. Its my Bee, my wife cant have it.... Wont let my daughters drive it either. My youngest daughter drives her own 79 210 sedan, i just maintain it for her.

• Like 1

Oh yea, this picture was from before I converted to a standard transmission. Today it needs a cleaning, it is my daily driver too. Did put new carpet kit in last winter, as it had some tears in it from age. Dashcap to cover a couple of age cracks around the dash speaker area.

Love the hatchbacks, dont care for the sedans much, would love a wagon though...

I fell in love with B210's back in the mid 70's when they were new.... THE MOST IMPRESSIVE THING ABOUT A B210 is this " Abili;ty to drive on roads too rotten for even most 4X4's through the virtue of having a very short wheel base, very narrow footprint, and low end torque to not spin out on muddy/rutted logging roads going to keggers. They are the best mountain or desert rig known to man.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Anyway, update... got a nice car stereo, replacing the CD player with a media player, no CD's anymore. Lots of memory and a remote. Putting it in tomorow in my B210 and one in my daughters 79 210...

Allready have the speakers/amps/crossovers installed. The older you get, the louder you need it to hear it.

Want advice on exhaust systems, have a stock 74 exhaust with the high compression engine, sounds good and all, but wondering about larger exhaust and muffler... not fart can resonators please... too Honda'ish... something throaty... but not too obnoxious... Dont want a header, have the H89 head/intake/exhaust setup that is matched real well.

My 75 is running a 2" exhaust off the stock manifold through a small Thrush Turbo Muffler, with a Resonator before the muffler. Appears to have good flow, and the resonator brings the sound down pretty deep. No Fart Can sounds hear.

• Like 1

I fell in love with B210's back in the mid 70's when they were new.... THE MOST IMPRESSIVE THING ABOUT A B210 is this " Abili;ty to drive on roads too rotten for even most 4X4's through the virtue of having a very short wheel base, very narrow footprint, and low end torque to not spin out on muddy/rutted logging roads going to keggers. They are the best mountain or desert rig known to man.

The B210 was once called "The Atomic Cockroach", not for its good looks. The story was that after all the nukes go off during World War 3 the only things left moving will be cockroaches and Datsun B210s.

• Like 1