the 620 went up in flames!!!!

BEEBANI

Gotcha!:fu:

It did actually catch fire this morning though. Tried hooking up a voltmeter yesterday to go along with the other 2 gauges in my console, and it blew my ignition relay. Not knowing that voltmeters are prone to problems, I thought nothing of it and replaced the relay. I hooked the gauges back up this morning, and the relay smoked, the wires burned all the way back to the fuse panel, and for some strange reason the power wire at the battery caught fire and had a flame coming off of it.

Jesusno2 came over and helped trace all of the burnt wires and replace them, it's fixed now, but god damn! A fuckin' 5 minute job turned into several hours of hell, and almost a burned down garage!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotcha!:fu:

A fuckin' 5 minute job turned into several hours of hell, and almost a burned down garage!

Isn't that the way of things? Any time I touch my 521 it is exposing the tip of the iceburg.

Went to wrench on it for the first time since NOV. Simple ass job of replacing the thermostat. It is a two bolt job for f's sakes. But both the damn bolts snaped off...ugh. Got the PD blaster on them and hope they will come out with some vise grips, otherwise I gotta extract them. No longer a 5 min job.

But I would have crapped myself if I saw flames under the hood!

I love old cars. they built this shit to never come apart thats why there still on the road:lol:

I'm all about the anti-seize too. And about the fire! no good thats why I have mounted a good fire extinguisher inside the cab, cause you just never know.