Hanging up the Hammer/ Skib sightings

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yup that one too!! :D you like reading datzenmike? :D :D

I don't read as much as I used to. (Ratsun you know?) I always have a novel in the shitter and one in the work van for down times. Prefer SiFi but not the Fantasy shit it turned into in the last 20-30 years. Give me Clark, Phol, Paul Anderson, Campbell, Heinlein, Larry Niven's Ringworld. As a kid I read just about all ERB's Tarzan, John Carter of Mars, Carson of Venus series. James Michner.

Required reading in the late 60s along with Lord of The Rings and James A Michner's The Drifters.

the drifters was required reading? never would have thought that. its an alright book but i thought he was too old to be writing a fictional story about the counter-culture, i always felt the same way about tom wolfs ECAT, even though he was only in his mid-30s at the time.

-----

i really like j d salanger, but as for caulfield, this picture about sums him up for me

2n4Gu.jpg

In skibs absence Oregon is not fairly represented in the war against texas. So the points will be applied to the world minus Texas, that's right... The world. Texas ain't big enuff to take on the world.

Skib, u has n brought da lolz, ratsun will only chuckle in your absence.

Oics will now be said in hushed tones

You has a couch in seattle

Lot a reading being a mod too. Non fiction or fantasy mostly.

burnicon.jpg

In skibs absence Oregon is not fairly represented in the war against texas. So the points will be applied to the world minus Texas, that's right... The world. Texas ain't big enuff to take on the world.

Well said, Sho. Well said.

Guest kamakazi620

I'm from the Cold War era so we FILMED Animal HOUSE at school.

FIXED,I'm from the Dr.Seuss Gen YO!!! Sam I am!!! Hop on Pop Go dog Go,you know the basics one fish two fish red fish blue fish YO!!!

1... bring it. Texas vs the world minus skib. The world will learn it needs one of the two to function.

2,3,and 4... agreed.

I miss skib.