What's the Value of a "Elephant" JDM oil cap?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are worth whatever some gullible person will pay for it. They are somewhat collectible because they are different. They are not JDM 'rally' Fairlady specific. For example, both my 710 came with them on them. What are the chances?

These days all you have to put in an ad is JDM... and you can charge what ever you want.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Ebay, You can put any price you want, doesnt mean it will sell.Ebay loves all the high reserve prices,they get richer and richer

I have a few of them around.

Maybe I should try and ebay them :rofl: :rofl: :w00t: :no:

They are worth whatever some gullible person will pay for it. They are somewhat collectible because they are different. They are not JDM 'rally' Fairlady specific. For example, both my 710 came with them on them. What are the chances?

These days all you have to put in an ad is JDM... and you can charge what ever you want.

True. so he writes back and of course insults my part, no doubt due to his being upset that i called him out. he claims mine looks so perfect that it must be painted, yeah.....cause i spend my time painting oil caps?! whatever, i steamed it with a shark to remove the oil sludge and with the fully restored OEM valve cover package i was asking $45.

19e0dfbc.jpg

all points taken. I believed when i posted it on craigslist 45 bucks obo for a fully sand blasted, sanded, painted valve cover and the "elephant" cap that, that was a fair deal. I just hate to see someone raping people for a part they could find at the local salvage yard. that's all. BTW if anyone likes the valve cover and cap just PM me, we can work out a deal. I don't really need them.

I don't see an elephant.

Isn't that a rare SSS oil cap? Should be worth more than he's asking?

Here's a genuine JDM elephat cap. The cap says '工レフイントオイルを注入してさい' which translates more or less to 'Elephant Oil Fill Occasionally'.

12988.jpg

14813.jpg

6547.jpg

If there are Nissan parts boxes in the photo ... but this is an aftermarket oil cap haha

7033.jpg

I don't see an elephant.

Isn't that a rare SSS oil cap? Should be worth more than he's asking?

Here's a genuine JDM elephat cap. The cap says '工レフイントオイルを注入してさい' which translates more or less to 'Elephant Oil Fill Occasionally'.

12988.jpg

14813.jpg

6547.jpg

If there are Nissan parts boxes in the photo ... but this is an aftermarket oil cap haha

7033.jpg

it's hard to leave a sarcastic impression over the internet.