Don't we need an invade the beach ratsun meet?

Just like the title says, anyone that's more leader than I want to organize an excuse to drive the datsun to the beach? Invade some small beach town like rockaway or even pacific city? Maybe camp for a night or two? Terrorize the jellyfish? I know this would be an event, but thinking of planning one and trying to get someone else to organize just doesn't seem official enough to post there.

• Like 1
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell ya, if Pismo is decided on I will set it up down here. On beach camping, the only beach dunes in California you can drive on (bring a 4x4 and a tow strap lol), plenty of affordable hotels to stay in, and no big city resort feel. Plus, its in San Luis Obispo county, which Oprah named the "happiest place in the U.S." this year, and Oprah can't be wrong :rofl:

you could have this....

photo%2010.jpg

or THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOOBYhynhHw&feature=fvwrel

But this can happen too. The tow truck charges $250 to pull you out, no matter how stuck you are, he makes so much money :mellow:

Go to 1:10 for some win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9wbmrxddRo

• Like 1

A trip thru Illwaco and surrounding twisty roads then over the Asstoria bridge and out to Seaside might be kinda cool. Are there any public parks in Seaside with bathrooms and such..

And Diggler i am born and raised on the Washington coast i dont think i`ve ever seen it that sunny at the beach.....EVER

A trip thru Illwaco and surrounding twisty roads then over the Asstoria bridge and out to Seaside might be kinda cool. Are there any public parks in Seaside with bathrooms and such..

And Diggler i am born and raised on the Washington coast i dont think i`ve ever seen it that sunny at the beach.....EVER

Yes. A few parks to choose from, all have restrooms. Ecola state park in canon beach would be even better. Rather huge parking lot and an incredible view of the ocean, mountain, retired light house etc... And its only 10 minutes south of seaside.

But this can happen too. The tow truck charges $250 to pull you out, no matter how stuck you are, he makes so much money :mellow:

Go to 1:10 for some win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9wbmrxddRo

Lot of black sand up in that resort picture. I'd get out there with a gold sluice and start prospecting the shit out of it for fine and flour gold.

As for the tow truck, I'm surprised there's not more tow trucks coming out there to snipe the retards. These numb nuts aren't getting stuck, they're sucking water down their intakes.

$250 to get towed out, $1250 to have the heads pulled and the water sucked out. More if you snapped the cams.

All for what? So you can say you drove across a little pool of water?

The sand races look bad ass though. :)

Lot of black sand up in that resort picture. I'd get out there with a gold sluice and start prospecting the shit out of it for fine and flour gold.

As for the tow truck, I'm surprised there's not more tow trucks coming out there to snipe the retards. These numb nuts aren't getting stuck, they're sucking water down their intakes.

$250 to get towed out, $1250 to have the heads pulled and the water sucked out. More if you snapped the cams.

All for what? So you can say you drove across a little pool of water?

The sand races look bad ass though. :)

The company has an exclusive contract with the park (its a state park) so they are the only one allowed to. They have multiples, that's just the flat bed. They have a normal wrecker all jacked up with 45" tires that are completely smooth and look like bubbles. The river crossing is where a fresh water stream meets the ocean and washes out pretty bad during the winter, and add high tide to it and its a mess. I've seen a full size bronco get stuck and buried by water and sand in it. They had to get an excavated to dig it out. It's bad enough at low tide, but when its high the sand moves around and the swells change a lot. The people driving through it are tourists, the ones watching and laughing are locals.

Banana, its sunny here pretty much everyday, but we do have a morning fog that lingers until noon. Ive gotta say I love where I live. I just can't afford a damn thing after rent haha

• Like 1

Originally, I was thinking 26.... what was it, to 8 to 6 (or was it 10 to 6?) whichever it is, I know it by sight, camping mt hebo ( little 13 spot campground nobody knows about ((whoops)) ) and to pacific city during the days. Lots of twistys that way too, but, like I said, not really wanting to lead this adventure, just kinda wanna see what everyone wants to do, and join in. Only thing i'm dead against is gong to coos bay. FUCK THAT TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .......................long story.

Am I gonna' have to lead this? I will if I have to. How about meeting somewhere in st helens, rolling those twistys to astoria, and heading down the 101 to ecola for camping, and somehow convincing dirk to join us up north for the trip?

I'm just gonna' go with what the group wants to do, and try to make it happen. Please lets stay in oregon, and out of coos bay. From what I can see, we just need a meeting place, a route, an ending place, and a date. Oh, yeah, and dirk to drag his ass to oregon because, from what i've read, he knows how to party :) I'm about to start this thread in the events section if we can get serious, or any mod can move it over for us.....