610 street demon resurection

bonvo

That's the brake warning light to tell you there is a failure in one of the systems, front or back. It's also turned on it your E brake is left on, and on some cars if the master brake fluid is low. Not totally needed..... as it only comes on when you use the brake.... and by then you have noticed any failure anyway. :D

Kind of a moot point now, since bonvo apparently fixed whatever the problem was. But the thing I circled in that pic is not the warning light valve, that sits under the master cylinder, you can see it in the first pic. I got rid of that thing too. my theory is that if your brakes get soft suddenly, you dont need a damn light to tell you!

The one circled in the picture is some sort of relay valve, that makes the rear brakes engage slightly before the fronts, or something like that.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it's the proportioning valve which is a big difference from the pressure warning switch.

Bonvo,

Dont know if it will work, but try bypassing the brake relay/timing valve thing on the passenger side of the firewall. Its a piece of shit and you do not need it.

Bad advice. You may have got away with it, or think you have, but it's there for a reason. It's there to bias the braking force to the front tires under severe braking when weight shifts forward. The weight shift makes the rear 'lighter' and more easy to lock up while increasing pressure on the front wheels and improving traction. Makes sense to increase the braking force to the front that has more traction. Ideally, in a panic stop, both wheels should just start to lock at the same time. Applying equal brake pressure to front and back can cause rear lock up, it's even worse in the rain.

Edited by datzenmike

not much progress the wiring that i have returned to the car is cleaned up and looks brand new even has the factory tags in tact i also picked up some driving lights for it :D they were a whole $15 and there 55 watt (stock HEADLIGHT wattage) halogens havent decided on the final mounting yet but here is a mock up

0621091624.jpg

got some work done today got the passenger door open on shelly after some cutting and prying

loose:

DSC04325.jpg

open:

DSC04326.jpg

hole:

DSC04327.jpg

removed:

DSC04328.jpg

heres some eyecandy for you guys i organized all the original paperwork in a binder with clear pages

DSC04329.jpg

DSC04330.jpg

DSC04331.jpg

DSC04332.jpg

DSC04334.jpg

DSC04333.jpg

DSC04335.jpg

theres more paper work such as every repair order for everything ever done to it but these are the big things that im just amazed the original owner kept

damn it was fuckin hot today but my dad and i did get somthing done we finished fishing out the wiring from shelly cleaned it up cleaned all the contacts in the fuse block and now i have to put it it but it hit 110 today so we decided to jump in the pool

a little more work went into it after it cooled down looks like datsun had a plan for this 610 :D

0628090152.jpg

i modified the tach i got from sycloned916 and the filler plate and now have a 10,000 rpm tach in the once blank gadge pod

well got the wiring in it and it runs with the key still some electrical gremlens to work out like the brake and charge lights come on with the headlights and the dash lights dont but we will figure that out in a little later ita almsot drivable guys well leagally drivable :P

When u coming to work on mine?:D

lol you pay the air fair and the shipping cost of some cool parts from down under and ill come down and put some time in on your wheels :D

lol you pay the air fair and the shipping cost of some cool parts from down under and ill come down and put some time in on your wheels :D

I could get someone else to do it for the price of the air fairs:lol:

thanks guys this whole rebuild has been a labor of love i have turned every nut bolt screw and flair nut in this car and so far im pleased eith the results its come a long way but its almost to the point where i will have somthing to drive again

here are some pics of the completed dash

DSC04344.jpg

DSC04345.jpg

well ive been out workin on the car since 9 this morning i got the amp ans speaker wires laid in finished removing the rust on the floorboards (back seat area) bed lined it all and got the back seat in i was gonna finish mounting the front seats but its hitting 100 degrees outside ill wait till tomorrow to finish thouse up