610 street demon resurection

bonvo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i i plan to this will be a breaze the timing kit makes this idiot proof it really does there are only 2 factors that dictate when this will be done

1) will it rain this weekend

2) do i want to risk the trip to sac with the old timing chain

Never heard of a chain breaking. The tensioner could fall out but they will still motor on for thousands of miles. (this I wouldn't recommend though) If there is a chain oiler peg it can get chewed up from the slack. But this is what the oil pan is for right? To hold oil, but also to collect lash pads, chain tensioners and chain guide pieces.

Never heard of a chain breaking. The tensioner could fall out but they will still motor on for thousands of miles. (this I wouldn't recommend though) If there is a chain oiler peg it can get chewed up from the slack. But this is what the oil pan is for right? To hold oil, but also to collect lash pads, chain tensioners and chain guide pieces.

i just dont want the thing to jump a tooth and fuck everything up

Hey guys, a couple of weeks ago i asked you about my suspension problem,........... ITS SOLVED, AS GOOD AS NEW, all i had to change is the rubbers on the leaf springs, they were messed up, never changed in the car's life,.... now rolling, handling like a real DATSUN...

some thing else

i've been rebuilding the carburetor , and now i feel like i have a beast under the hood,...

DAMN:cool:

can't wait to see your car bonvo.

img_2111.jpg

Thanks GUYS...

well today i got the head gasket and timing chain done ill let the pics speak for themselves

DSC04452.jpg

DSC04453.jpg

DSC04454.jpg

DSC04455.jpg

good shot you can see the original hone marks still

DSC04456.jpg

DSC04457.jpg

DSC04458.jpg

DSC04459.jpg

DSC04460.jpg

the parts that were replaced (not shown valve cover gasket)

DSC04462.jpg

fucked up tensioner

DSC04463.jpg

she runs good now need to set the timing and re adjust the valves after its hot and im good to go:D

Edited by bonvo

got to drive her shes running good but the valves are a little on the tight side gonna take the valve cover off tomorrow night and adjust when its warm and get a timing light on it to make sure shes timed

also "winterized" the rust holes this is just temporary till next summer when i can weld in the patch panels

1018091808.jpg

an just an overall shot (playing with my new phone)

1018091810.jpg

edit: forgot to add i have a few discoverys and questions for ya guys

discovery: when i took the motor apart the cam gear was set to 1 (its an l20b and the manul says that 2 is the factory setting for an l20b)

question: after watching the l motor gods video there is one thing that puzzles me i lined it up to tdc before i took it apart set the new cam gear at 2 and with the idiot proof bright links lined up the v and the dash didnt line up it was somthing like this -v im not to worried considering the fact that everything else lined up and the fsm didnt even mention anything about these marks just figured i would bring it up

Edited by bonvo