610 street demon resurection

bonvo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kait and I cruised through Vacaville today on the way to Santa Rosa. Wish we only had to go to Vacaville, though! Woulda been nice to look up the "ratsun roadside assistance thread" to help with her fucked up drive shaft!

Progress is looking good!

Yeah, she was driving and we got a "thump thump thump" noise in 2nd, went away when you shift into third. Okay, whatever. Ten seconds later, coming from a stop, thump thump thump again, went away when you go in 3rd. "We'll check it when we get to the guy's shop!" which was like 2 minutes away at this point. First gear, "THUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMP" wouldn't go away.

Pulled into a 76 station, park it and turn it off. Tires are all fine, and I dont SEE anything underneath.... So I jack it up on one side, crawl underneath... and see that 3 out of 4 precious driveshaft bolts have come out, leaving it tweaked out of whack, and putting quite a bit of stress on the remaining bolt. I struggled for about an hour trying to get it realligned because of how stressed that bolt was. We were lucky the guy we were buying doors from had an extra bolt, ran it with two, and babied it back home.

New cars can BLOW ME!

How was your day? :-)

last night my dad and i were talking about how i want slot mags on the car and he agreed that they would look good today he comes home from work and motions me to the back yard he opens the trunk of his 66 mustang and pulls his old rear slot mags out the car is a 6 cyl car and he had converted the rear to 5 lug so he hands me the mags and says lets see how they look so we put air in them and bolt them up once there on he says "well im going 5 lug in the front to so you can have the set " im so stoked the backs are 14x8 and the fronts are 14x6

a few shots of one of the back ones bolted up

0428091913.jpg0428091913a.jpg

Guest jaimesix

Nice wheels Bonvo.

As a matter of fact, Mazdat, a friend of his that came to Sunday's meet and I were talking about those wheels. Moisabamf has a set in his 1200.

Those look nice, polished look like a Matchbox toy car, really cool! Back in the 70's and 80s those wheels were the stuff to lush at.

Nice pick. Now you have 2 sets of wheels, the way its got to be.

Jaime._____________________________________________________

thanks guys yeah i like um they give the car the exact look i was going for and cant beat 8 inches of rim :D im gonna have them polished hopfully soon :D

Edited by bonvo
Guest jaimesix
Dude we just sold a set of those wheels, wow I'd never seen them before... Now I've seen 2 sets :D

The progress is amazing!

I remember seing those wheel in Datsun 240/260Z cars. I do not know if those were aftermarket or Nissan issued, but plenty Z cars had them.

Look different, nice!

Jaime._______________________________________________________

no progress today had some family issues to resolve so the car got no love today but tomorrow if its not raining im finishing the colum swap and getting the brake boster mounted

the wheels that are in the pics icehouse quoted are actually beleve it or not american racing wheels im not sure on the style but they have the ar log stamped in them

no progress today had some family issues to resolve so the car got no love today but tomorrow if its not raining im finishing the colum swap and getting the brake boster mounted

the wheels that are in the pics icehouse quoted are actually beleve it or not american racing wheels im not sure on the style but they have the ar log stamped in them

They're AR Spectres. My 72 had a set.

They're AR Spectres. My 72 had a set.

turbojunker you rock thanks for the rim id:D

i got a shinny new part today

0501091913.jpg

in case you think its a radiator take a look from the side

0501091913a.jpg

thats right thats a condencer michelle will have air conditioning :D