look at what I was offered

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

My advice is don't wait for too long, once the owners see they have some value it doesn't take long for someone else to drop by and snag em.

The term you snooze you lose comes to mind :o

Hope that they are tucked away somewhere in a not visible spot Zchopper :unsure:

There is a 1200 on bstonline too $350 hasnt been on the road since 83, head is off but has it.

Whats the difference between a fix or a repair? Aren't they synonyms?

:lol:

Do you prefer fixing things or repairing things

to me fixing is like jury rigging and pray to the mechanical gods that it holds till you can repair properly

repairing is more permanent and appeaseing to the mechanical gods

The little red car sorta looks like a mini, I would need a better photo of it to be sure. Are you getting everything? I would jump on the black 521 if it has a restorable cab, you have been looking for a project.

both datsun trucks are the ones I am getting, but I only have space for one working on getting a storage spot for the second.

could someone compare a 521 dash with a 70-72 510 dash? I have an idea of maybe a dash swap once I get the trucks.

lol, would you like to see a 510 dash in my 521? maybe it before the swap too? lots of chopping, lots of work, and, no, your stock 510 gauges will not fit under your 521 dashpad. I also wouldn't recomend trying to install it with the 510 dashpad and somehow space it back to fit either. .....Trust me :)

0314111004.jpg

0817102018.jpg

0817102018a.jpg

0315111734.jpg

The 521 and 620 through '77 had kingpins and there is no easy way to switch to ball joints. You can't take a'78 and up ball joint and put it on the earlier trucks. The frame mounting points are different for the LCAs. It would be easier/quicker to swap your body onto a '78 frame.

I emailed them to make sure I could pick them up in a month or so.

The black truck has the j13 engine, yet everything I have read is that all 1970 521s had the L16

If it has the OHV J13 then it has to be '69 or older. Check the build date on the door jam. J13s were used until June '69. July '69 is the beginning of the '70 model year and the beginning of the PL521 (L16).

ok next question how hard is it to swap kingpin ifs to balljoint ifs?

There is a lot of fabracation involved Z chopper, I did it to my 71 521 several years ago, I have front 620 disc brakes on mine, unless you have a lower 620 bushing pressed into the frame, you will have to jury rig some washers in there to take up the slop/space, and you will need to extend 720 upper A frame arms about 3/4 of an inch, then put them on backwards, right on the left, left on the right, as the upper A frame mount bolts on the 521 are smaller than the 720 bolts, sleeves will have to be inserted(jury rigged) into the upper A arm mount holes, you have to keep an eye on them bolts, as they tend to work loose. There are guys that sell kits for this, with fabricated upper and lower arms that bolt onto 521 frames. They also sell kits to put disc brakes on the 521 with kingpin frontends. I also put power steering on my 521 which is still sitting on a modified 521 frame. I won't do it the way I did it to this truck again, I just drop the cab onto 720 KC frames nowdays, it's easier for me as I have done it a few times now.

P2040303.jpg

closeup.png

looking at the grilles even though the oics are not that great and then looking at

http://www.earlydatsun.com/datsun521.html the black one does look like an earlier 521

Then notice the front turn signals amber and clear while I have also seen straight amber front turn signals on some 521 trucks could that help identify the year? I don't get to see the trucks in person till end of september.

Beer brewing country.

I love living 32 short minutes away from the Columbia Brewery! Rockin the glacier is such a great event, concerts, food and all the beer you can drink! Living in the Kootenai (kootenay) Valley definately has its perks! Heres to our sister city of Creston!! Haven't noticed many dattos around up there anymore though.......

I love living 32 short minutes away from the Columbia Brewery! Rockin the glacier is such a great event, concerts, food and all the beer you can drink! Living in the Kootenai (kootenay) Valley definately has its perks! Heres to our sister city of Creston!! Haven't noticed many dattos around up there anymore though.......

you forgot all the BC hotties