My Dime project.

Well... where to start?

Its my daily driver, its got the L16 motor that has been rebuilt, the body has virtually no rust except for one surface rust spot on the roof, body is straight, little dings and dents but nothing major. I'm excited to start this. I eventually want to do the r20 swap but still got a little bit of way to go before that.

Things I want to do as of now/things i need:

-Add a weber carb

-Get carpet kit installed

-Get center counsel

-install Radio and speakers

-Coil over kit

-Slam it!

-Rear Disc brake conversion and new brake system in the front

-Put my enkies on it

-Put my new Fog lights on

-Get new Grill pieces

-New trim

-install Weather seals

-install stock front seats

-And eventually down the road i want to give it the yellow bubble bee paint job just like my dads 510 72 2dr. But with the black racing stripes(yes just like the one in transformers... cliche a bit, but hey it looked good to me lol)

Any suggestions? Jump to the pics for more info.

CIMG0034.jpg

CIMG0033.jpg

CIMG0032.jpg

CIMG0030.jpg

CIMG0029.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that is an su manifold, but I believe those are weber carbs on an adapter. Also, you need to change out your battery "hold down" strap. It doesn't look very secure, and in the event of a hard panic stop I bet the battery will shift forward and short to your positive cable.

yeah im changing the battery cable tomorrow, thanks for looking out though! you think i could still use those carbs from that manifold?

i wouldnt worry about a SR swap.

I would be buying a house with a nice garage and put that inside !!!!!!!instead of leaving it outside. Thats nice stock paint! get a grill and hood trim and lower it with some ROTA RB wheels. and just roll it.

a 510 with a running L motor is better than a SR swap that never gets completed

PLEASE DONT!!!!!!!!!!

DO not paint it yellow with stripes!!!!!!!!!

This is a WANTED color you have. Its too nice

youll get more money if you want to sell it later after you cant keep it running since its one color. Nothing worse than a nice car then under the hood its the orginal color

clean under the hood(the grime)

read olddatsuns.com everything on there

i wouldnt worry about a SR swap.

I would be buying a house with a nice garage and put that inside !!!!!!!instead of leaving it outside. Thats nice stock paint! get a grill and hood trim and lower it with some ROTA RB wheels. and just roll it.

a 510 with a running L motor is better than a SR swap that never gets completed

PLEASE DONT!!!!!!!!!!

DO not paint it yellow with stripes!!!!!!!!!

This is a WANTED color you have. Its too nice

youll get more money if you want to sell it later after you cant keep it running since its one color. Nothing worse than a nice car then under the hood its the orginal color

clean under the hood(the grime)

Hey thanks for the advice! I will definitely take it to heart because i see a lot of non finished sr's nowadays. what do yo u think about putting an L20 in instead? because i would like a little more power...

I want your Z wheels.....:D

Looks like it was painted once...

CIMG0033.jpg

Around the radiator...over spray..........^^^^^^^^^^^^^......................................................................................Orange paint on the hood rubbers....VVVVVVVVVVVV

CIMG0029.jpg

That engine bay will clean up nice.......!!!!!:D

Be honest I think getting a good head with a cam and sidedrafts carbs will be a bolt on and a little more fun to drive.

I have a L16 with 40mm Mikunis and cam and its OK. and EZ to fix.

L20s are EZ but you need to make sure you got correct 6 bolt flywheel. 200mm or 225mm?

l20 SWAPS YOU USE THE 510 OIL PAN AND ENGINE MOUNTS THAT BOLT TO ENGINE.

Ah i see, yeah i remember reading that somewhere i just dont know where :blink: but yeah on another note... with my whole suspension/ coil overs should go ahead and get adjustable t/c rods, adjustable control arms and a new steering kit?

Hey thanks! Its got rust... but when you see it, you'll see what i meant by its nothing major:blink: anyone wanna take a stab at how much i got it for?

**i'll post pics of the interior and the "rust spot" :P later on.

Less than $1000...:)? Did you get all the grill and trim. Looks nice...:cool:

I would try and sell the dual Weber set up to a Z guy and then get one 32/36 for a 4cyl

Those are both Weber 32/36 Manual Chokes.

Less than $1000...:)? Did you get all the grill and trim. Looks nice...:cool:

I would try and sell the dual Weber set up to a Z guy and then get one 32/36 for a 4cyl

Those are both Weber 32/36 Manual Chokes.

Yeap! and im in the process of getting some of the trim pieces but most of them are there excpet for some parts on the exterior... interior is pretty much there just need carpet, center counsel and some speakers. it has aftermarket front seats but back seats are original with the white leather and white leather panels to match! Its even got the orignal door ash trays(they look like new and never used before). The head liner is in great shape, its also white leather.

Carter Boad sells a VG30.com 5 speed x memeber that needs a 280z mount with it, so the installed height is correct.

somebody has the infor on that.

are the door hinges good? olddatsuns.com has a fix for that also

There was a kid on here Bunchy that has the same color but a wagon. he was 110% working on the car than just dropped off the forum so who knows where the car is. he paid 900$. Usually what happen people will treat it as a 900$ and most have no money to maintain a 40+ year old car is it can be alot of main. esp for a kid. Thats why I think 510 should be a 2nd car for alot of people. If its there only car they wil not be at work all thetime an then FIRED!!!!!!!

Its real hard to find a minimum rust car esp up here in washington. but lots of beaters!(they fun too)