My Dime project.

Yeah i know the risk... i dont own another car, but i have my motorcycle:lol: so i guess im a little prepared. I dont plan on swapping out very soon. Im just looking into the future and getting other peoples insight on my new baby. I wont drop it... Because i got the car for a steal, and im going to keep the original motor that way i can always have a back if the swap should ever fail.

Im definitely not ever selling this car. I want to keep it just like my dad did with his! And work? Not too worried about it... im not going to get fired... seperated maybe, seeing how I am in the military. So money? not too worried about because if all my money goes to the car i stll have necessities like, free housing, free food, and free medical and dental. I get my paid the same time every month. So you know what that means? I get to work on my car everyday!!!! :D

I also feel like the car doesnt need much... besides cosmetics, the engine runs great has no problems so far, and if i do run into problems i have money set aside for emergencies, just for the car.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carter Boad sells a VG30.com 5 speed x memeber that needs a 280z mount with it, so the installed height is correct.

somebody has the infor on that.

are the door hinges good? olddatsuns.com has a fix for that also

There was a kid on here Bunchy that has the same color but a wagon. he was 110% working on the car than just dropped off the forum so who knows where the car is. he paid 900$. Usually what happen people will treat it as a 900$ and most have no money to maintain a 40+ year old car is it can be alot of main. esp for a kid. Thats why I think 510 should be a 2nd car for alot of people. If its there only car they wil not be at work all thetime an then FIRED!!!!!!!

Its real hard to find a minimum rust car esp up here in washington. but lots of beaters!(they fun too)

So that cross member... does that mean i dont have to cut and re-weld the tranny bay for the 280z transmission?

If you want to slam the car down I would go with NO AIR DAM!!!!!!!!!

lower car first and decide. they usaully get abused. and hard to get jack under as its in the way.

Ck Out Dillion SR20 510 it look good w/o a airdam!!!!!!!

quick 510 has a 510 your color ck it out(then you wont change the color) has Panasports and is badass

your car wouldnd take that much more to llook like this.

Just put the coil overs in front and wheels!!!!!!!

http://www.motormavens.com/2011/07/center-stage-red-hot-datsun-nickel-dime-510-nissan-bluebird/

Okay in need of some serious help! When ever I shift into reverse it Grinds... and 1st and 2nd are hard to get into. 3rd and 4th seem to be fine. I have to literally force with all my might to get 1st into gear.

My buddy said it could be my synchronizers. I was thinking it might just be my clutch, but im not sure. I might go ahead and just change out the synch's just to see what happens. But give me some thoughts on it guys. I have a stock 510 4 speed tranny. I'm going to eventually just swap out the tranny with a 5 speed, but i still need to find one, shorten my drive shaft and get a cross member.

Well the last owner said the clutch my need to be replaced... and that if i just press all the way down on the clutch it should be fine and should make the clutch last longer. It has a new slave cylinder on it, with new oil in it. Im not sure if it was bled properly but i can assume it was... i guess i'll try bleading it. and if that changes nothing then i can only assume i need to replace my clutch based on what i know?* And maybe the sync's as well. i'll have to check those to see if they are worn out.

**Oh and to add when i step on the clutch its pretty stiff...

This car is WAY too nice to cut up! Get a junker to do that to. The L-20B with the L-16 oil pan and oil pickup tube is the conversion. Use a CANNON intake manifold with a 38/38 WEBER DGAS carb! Will give you some nice power in that beautiful perfect paint 4 door of yours! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Okay retarded question, but my buddy is parting put his 510 wagon... i was wondering are most of the cosmetic parts the same as my 4dr?

I.E.

-bumbers

-metal trims(for the front)

-headlight surrounds

-Dash pad

-center counsel

-grill

-cluster

-panels for the doors(front and back)

etc...

I just want to be sure, since he's getting it all shipped from home. help a buddy out guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay retarded question, but my buddy is parting put his 510 wagon... i was wondering are most of the cosmetic parts the same as my 4dr?

I.E.

-bumbers

-metal trims(for the front)

-headlight surrounds

-Dash pad

-center counsel

-grill

-cluster

-panels for the doors(front and back).....

etc...

I just want to be sure, since he's getting it all shipped from home. help a buddy out guys.

..NO on the back panels, Door release handle is in a different spot.!!!! Same shape though,...Doors are different also.:D

You get a 5spd in that thing yet?.....make sure you get the throw out bearing sleeve, when you get the transmission.;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

New arias pistons for my ka24e courtesy of O&J performance for the hook up.

20120323_164032.jpg

20120323_205449.jpg

20120323_205436.jpg

Cleaned the head.

20120220_112109.jpg

Valve cover RePainted

Before:20120226_133339.jpg

After:photo-2012-02-28-08-23-11-267.jpg

New Timing kit

20120323_164044.jpg

Pics of the block will come today.

also got a Camshaft coming from O&J perormance. gotta call them to see where its at then i will post pics when i get.

• 1 month later...