Pulled muscle?

So I jacked the shit out of my back the other day. Did nothing yesterday, felt pretty good, went to sleep, same as the day before. Got up, could barely move until I stretch (hurts when I do) and get moving around. Still not great but okay after period of movement.

Hurts right above my groin, up my side/rear back, all the way up to my shoulder. I'm guessing that is a lateral muscle or something? I got to thinking and seem to remember one-handing a heavy battery onto the counter at NAPA, and I'll bet that's what did it.

What's the best way to get that worked out? Salt bath? Advil? Stretches?

When I twist my upper body it's particularly annoying, though it seems to get better if I twist/stretch.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Massage parlor with a happy ending? LOL!

Pulled muscle: Takes time for it to heal. Try not to use it too much. Easy stretching is good. Try a heating pad for 15-20 minutes. Also try alternating heat and cold. An ice pack can help sometimes too.

Might be a pinched nerve. Chiropractor visit could be helpful.

it wasnt in that area, but i pulled a muscle in my neck and my shoulder blade area..

it really just took time for it to get back to normal... i did find that smokin a bowl helped with the pain. prolly not something youll be using as a remedy, but it worked well for me..

also took an aspirin or 2 in the morning and stretched easily to get it movin again...

like i said, itll take some time to heal... it aint fun..

Yeah, I tell you, the older I get, the more I seem to screw myself up. Try to lift carefully and all that, but damn, I guess I'm just not young anymore! As my boss says, "Matt, I wouldn't get old, there's no future in it!" :D

Haha, yes, but it dehydrates you. I just popped two Advil, hopefully that will help. I need to get started on shit today, not being very motivated. Windy and sort of coldish here today. Yesterday was 90ish, but really nice after it cooled off.

Last time this happened to one of hrh's muscles, he too tried to work it out. The greater spokane area ran completely out of jergens and tissue, and some of the friction was thought to have caused a few small, easily contained fires around his neighborhood...

You know I love ya Matt ;) hope u get to feeling better, cause u need to come get in on the KA action up here soon.

Lol, thanks Bill! It's not that bad, more just pisses me off that I hurt myself. Shit I ought to drive up there today, I'm sure not getting any work done here! It's raining, boooo!

Lol, thanks Bill! It's not that bad, more just pisses me off that I hurt myself. Shit I ought to drive up there today, I'm sure not getting any work done here! It's raining, boooo!

Lol no work happenin here today.....napa somehow got me the wrong exh gaskets so I can't get this ka back together till tomorrow.....getting a tad bit frustrated since all I need to do is slam the exh manifold on it, fill er up with fluids and drive this bad mo fo...then give it to dad so I can rape his truck lolz

Last time this happened to one of hrh's muscles, he too tried to work it out. The greater spokane area ran completely out of jergens and tissue, and some of the friction was thought to have caused a few small, easily contained fires around his neighborhood contributed to global warning...

You know I love ya Matt ;) hope u get to feeling better, cause u need to come get in on the KA action up here soon.

Lots of water ,,, Glutamine Supplements ( as PtownGreen suggested to me ) ,,, vitamins (all) ,,, Omega-3 Fish Oils ,,, Lots of Rest ,,, Light Duty ,,, then when you get better ,,, you need to research back strengthing exercises ( recovery/therapy ) ,,, seriously ! ,,, it is worth it in the long term ;)

Maybe you should wear a lift belt at work ;)

Are the asian tranny's to heavy for you ? datzenmike says his are pretty light for him :lol:

if i had told my boss that story he would have taken a 15 inch cresent wrench smacked me up side the head with it and say " now... does that not take your mind off that pain? quit being such a pussy and pick up that pl-4"

Which of course, is how people get on permanent disability, costing the company lots! I've had bosses like that too. Plus I'm not a big guy. I'm 145 pounds, and lifting a 60+ pound battery from knee level, above my center and up to the counter with one hand is actually pretty strenuous. I can do it no problem, but apparently I twisted something doing it. Or it may have been stocking the battery rack for the last week solid when we got a shitload of batteries in for our big sale. Either way, I'm feeling pretty good now, I'll just have to be careful. Dad has had back problems too, not the best history.

Psssst! (beer is 99.998% water)

Haha, yes, but it dehydrates you.

Thats only because you piss it all out and throw it all up :rofl:

Seriously though, just take it easy and take some advil. Benadryl wouldn't hurt either. You'll get the best sleep of your life until you need to wake up :rofl: