Rosie. A 66' PL411's story.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try my hardest to get it unseized when I get home.

After that I hear tales of an r16 with a tranny.

I have a job interview in roseburg oregon 3 days. It's a secret interview so not everyone at work can figure out why I'm so stressed about it. But the plan was to fill up the 411 and the 720 with our favorite belongings and drive there if I get the job. Now I have a dead 411 still and have to figure out what to do with it plus rent a uhaul or atleast uhaul trailer to take the stuff with.

So choices gotta be made quick.

I know better than to depend on something that isn't even existing yet, like a running wagon. But fuck I bought what was supposed to be a running motor from someone that everything we got was in great condition. Everything is tits and works tits on the goon but the motor, so I didn't think I was that crazy for putting atleast a couple eggs in my basket.

Haha worse comes to worse she is going to be stored until I come back and get her.

Way too cool of a car to give up on under any circumstance.

Normally I'm pretty cool about something not working right or having to take a little longer to get a part. But it was a rough day already. I think everytime I go to NAPA and have them look up parts, they just give me whatever random A series stuff they have around. So pumpkn keeps getting new gaskets and filters for his car everytime I buy something for mine.

Yeah super close. I'm not getting any spark through the plugs though, so I'm trouble shooting my wiring. I'm sure some things aren't hooked up right, and I'm going to pull the dizzy off the block that was in previously tonight.

I'm questioning some things with ignition coil hook up as well

She runs!

She drives!

She fuckking hauls ass!!

The J15 was an awesome way to go, mad torque for a stock little guy. Being convinced into a weber 28/30.

Half the lights and no horn work, bad head gasket probably too. drips a lot of oil.

But who fucking cares I drove that bitch around my neighborhood cheesing my ass off. Cause I got my dream job and got my dream car running to get me there...

Theres a few pics on the way.

Here is the skinny on everything. I was leaving to secretly go to a job interview that my boss found out about. He ended up firing my fiance and me (I'm a piercer and she is a counter person) thinking that I wasn't going to get the job. Turns out everyone at the place I am going to doesn't like him very much because all of the phone calls he made to them ended up making him think I wasn't really going to a job interview,and that I was full of shit.

Truth be told his "bad reference" phone calls put me about a month ahead of schedule and I'm halfway to eugene in my 411 and my 720.

The things that are missing is that the most incredible fantabulous next to godliness Pumpkn210 has pulled miracle after miracle to fix ignition problems, diagnose leaks, rebuilt my carb on my 720, fuel lines have been rebuilt ......and that was all before we left. Oh yeah, he figured out the big pain in the ass wiper motor gromet situation with me, involving little pieces of hose inside the gromets. Also he used his moving permit on my goon rolleyes.gif

Now he is driving it south with me

So we got on the road, and had to stop to rebuild wipers, jumped a dead car, immediatlely had to pull out a dead battery and put it in the running truck, and put the trucks battery in to get it back on the road atleast. Mountain passes on a stormy night is not where you want to be with little bitty dattos. So we get back on the road, fully expecting our alternator problems are going to get worse, and I'm watching to taillights to see if they dim down, which would mean it's time to swap out the batterys again. Somehow the miracle of god seems the alternator worked out it's bugs and recharged the battery, but that doesn't help the fact that I don't have a heater system set up, so it's frosty and rainy. We got rainex wipes and a squgee and limped to portland.

Now we are at Jassifrass and Skunks house.

Tomorrow morning will bring on a whole new set!