new guy with a 620

well i received my console today and since it was cut for a radio already, i decided to finish the job and install one of my other radios in there. i ahve also finished painting the dash, glovebox door, ash tray and cowl. all have turned out nicely.

th_Picture307.jpg

edit: i just tried to fit my console in to see how it would look and although it looks badass, i cant use it till i have a 5spd swap. the shifter in 2nd, 4th, and reverse touch the front edge of the console. :( BUT.... this gives me time to mod the console some more and fill where i need to and paint it so it looks good.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yesterday i installed my new hood hinges and new pivot bolts, and installed my freshly painted cowl. i was going to bust the tires off the new rims so i could sand and paint tehm but i couldn't afford to have it done :( i might try my hand at trail dismounting and see if i cant bust em myself. as of tomorrow i am going to replace teh missing thermostat, reinstall whats LEFT of the point switch? (the one i asked about in the t-stat housing) and put my OLD radiator back in. i will also try and fix my passenger seat, and try to get those installed as well.i have a couple holes to drill as the floor pans are not pre drilled for bucket seats. also i might try to install my better front valance panel and passenger tail light as well. tomorrow is going to be a busy day.

true but i work with what i have as well. plus i like the old school look of a tapedeck. hell right now i am looking ofr a WORKING am/fm/cb/8 track player for my power wagon. i am a retro type of guy. i like old sh*t.

well i got a lot done today. i finally got the passenger tail light installed (fender washers, nuts and zipties! yes it works!), freshly painted wiper arms installed, and my bucket seats repaired and 34 installed. i forgot to get enw nuts for the passenger seat mounting studs so.... tomorrow those will be totally installed. i also drilled a small drain hole in the passenger floor board so i can drain the water from teh leaky door seals and vapor barrior. here are some pics of the work i did today.

th_Picture311.jpg

th_Picture312.jpg

th_Picture313.jpg

th_Picture314.jpg

th_Picture315.jpg

th_Picture309.jpg

th_Picture310.jpg

oh i also had a little "issue" with teh seat that was in the truck. i guess one of the previous owners was a BIG guy and BROKE the mount point, drivers front, for the seat. nothing an 1.25 inch fender washer didn't take care of. also with it all bolted down it doesn't move at all. now all that i need is that radiator for it to run.

picked up my new (used) service manual yesterday. 73 nissan service manual. i am starting to do alot of reading. its in great shape and i found the ORIGINAL sales slip tucked in to the book. i paid $25 shipped and the original purchase was for $9.95. from Gillian Datsun on aug 20th 1973. its good.

yesterday afternoon i pulled the bumper adn front valance panel. brikke 6 of the boltsscrews in doing so but tis off now. i am going to be finessing the new valance i have and painting it plus wiring in new (used) GM weatherpac connectors into the wiring for the front signals. i like how those are and then it gives me the quick disconnect i no longer have on the battery side. connector is gone so one of the POs figured it would be easier to just butt connect the wiring together. not a bad idea since they work BUT makes repairs on panels very difficult adn n ow i have to wire in new connectors sincei pulled it apart. so off to pull-a-part i go. who knows they may have a 620 out there. doubt it but ya never know.

• 1 month later...

still sittin in my driveway. i have ben working on getting the valance straightened and everything set so it will be nice a clean when it hits the road. i have a cab leak that looks like it might be from the rear window seal. also i REALLY need to redo the vapor barriors ont eh doors. mine are missing completely. any ideas for what to use to do that??? also there is a bushing ont eh wiper assembley that is missing. its teh one right at teh motor pivot. is this still available?? or any idea on what to use to fix that?right now its held together by zipties and i would like to get it fixed properly.

• 1 month later...

well $$ has still been tight but my kid decided he was gonna do something nice for me, and the datto. so here is his handywork. its not perfect by anymeans but its from the heart. he is also doing the air cleaner lid so that willbe cool as well.

th_Picture020.jpg

th_Picture019.jpg

i havent gotten much else done on it. got the headlights amed as best i could. still have to drill out the broken bolts for the valance, paint it, and reinstall, figure out why my reverse lights dont work (most likely the switch is bad) and figure out a radiator that doesn't leak. i might be just getting a later model one so it will be driveable again. not even gonna worry about eh shifter as it needs to be driveable soon. i can live with some play.