new guy with a 620

The drum brakes on these are the farthest thing from self adjusting. Do a search and read a bit about adjusting these. once you figure them out they arent that bad to deal with, but you need to figure them out, cause they need done almost every oil change. Every 3-5k miles. And when they are working good they actually seem ok, until you experience a disc brake conversion on one of these trucks.

Jason

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i adjusted the front brakes and the pedal feels better but i think i am gonna have to do a disc conversion on the truck. i almost launced my buddy out the windsheild when i locked em up testing them out. after that he threw on the shoulder strap. it was funny. i also dropped the front about 2 inches i think. looks better but not quite teh ride hight i really want.

you going to make brackets.. or purchase the ones offored here? if you make your own beware of clearance issues while turning, my brackets rub on this big ass nut an my radius is jacked up i think beebani revised his design an eliminated the issue, just make sure everythings exactly perfect before you go drivin down the road, my dumbass took like 3 small test drives before i got everything right.. an some washers were also needed.. but u gotta make sure the caliper an pads are seating on the rotor correctly!! very important! i have a wright up here check it out

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=1038

its pretty cheap really.. bout the same as if u took it to a shop an had them replace the current setup with stock replacement.. but it makes it easier in the future to change your own pads an save yourself money.. as far as stopping goes im really happy.. had i not done it or atleast replaced what i had with stock replacement i'd have wrecked my truck already

cool. i am thinkin x-terra wheels for mine. eventually. but i need to make sure i can fit the disks under my stockers for now until i can afford the others. oh and yeah the ebay brackets are the same ones on here i think. at least according to the user name:)

well today i found out my fuse box is done. so.... i had a 6 gang fusebox that runs blade fuses so i am gong to transfer the hot leads (lights, radio, horn so on) so that i can take some load off the original fusebox. i will be running this thing daily so i figure, unless i can find a good used one or can find a new one cheap, i'll run the blade fuses till i can find the proper one. also got a rear diff service FREE at a local quick lube. i wanted it checked as i havent been able to find the right tools sicne i am cleaning up my carport and he changed it instead of checking. his mistake so he jsut said it was a freebie. gotta love that. one less hting i have to deal with. thats all for today. just htought i woudl update a little.

another update! i went down and got soem parts from tdaaj here on the forum on saturday, thanx again for the parts man! i got my heater clipped back together adn teh cables working properly now, i fixed the core support where the bumper got hit and replaced the bumper, replaced the pass side rear marker, replaced the pass tail light lense, refitted the grille, pulled the hood hinges (part of the bolts are still in the hing pivots), and tried alining the hood. the hinges are bent so bad that i need to replace them or try to straighten them. all in all though i got alot done today. i also went to the stealership and ordered the nut for the coolant temp sensor so i can get that replaced, and installed my new oil pressure switch. soon i will be installing an oil presure guage, volt meter and maybe a better temp guage. we shall see though.

:(:(:( today i popped the hood on my 620 but i also unlatched the secondary. i also went back and grabbed the battery and heard a bang! the hood slipped off the truck (i have removed the hinges due to them being bent BADLY) and landed nose first. passenger front corner now has a bend in it. i am really upset about it. that was a PERFECT hood. i hope i can fix it. its not bad but its still pisses me off for my own stupidity.

also i think i need to replace the resistor coil for the heater fan. i swapped wires around and it still is only working on high. i have another but is there a way to test it so i know its good or not?

also i got the new nut for the temp sensor and a new sensor. is there a way to keep the sensor from sealing itself to the nut again like it is now?

well today i found out WHY my heater only had one speed. the fam notor was SHOT! i could barely move it by hand. so i tore apart the heater box and replaced it with the one i picked up last weekend. works great now on high AND low. i also installed the coolant temp sensor. i put some copper antiseize ont eh sensor so that it wont seize into the nut like the last one did and ran some antiseize on the nut threads as well. went in nice and easy. i am still looking for a radiator so i can drive the damn thing again. i miss it so.

well i got the radiator today and fan shroud. thanks again man! i also was able to get the seat sliders i needed to maybe put some NICE seats into teh truck. i have some power, heated LEATHER seats out of an audi that i would love to put in here if possible. so i am gonna try. if i cant oh well no harm no foul.