new guy with a 620

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i've got the switches and stuff now also, however the cables arent hooked up :( i still use the toggle switch tho.. cause for some reason i cant get the switches to work.. i'll figure it out one day.. 30 year old wiring is no joke.. im havin some charging issues at the moment and im prolly going to have to rip my dash apart to figure it out.. not too thrilled about that

my cables arent hooked up either. i need the cable holders so that i can hook em up. anyone know where i can get them?? oh and how bout the floor flap? its missing on mine. so my feet burn after a while and it sucks.

all the junkyards that ahve imports taht wont charge me $50 for a clip dont ahve ANY. i havent been able to head south to find any. all that are up here is 720s. and the heaterboxes look different adn n o clips:(

the junk yard in 5 corners has them in often, if u set those clips on the counter.. you'll be told to get the fuck out.. seriously... Free clips!! i pay the $2 entry fee an have never been charged for hardware or cables or small wiring stuff.. now i cant say that for other yards.. but if u call around an ask u might find something.. whitepages.com works nice for findin junk yards ect

well i got the heater working. it works on high only but thats not to hard to deal with. most likely a bad switch. thats REAL easy to take care of. except i have to pull the cluster again but meh... whatever. i also found the source of the leak on the passenger side. the vapor barrier is shot. and i think the drain holes for the door are clogged big time.

oh yeah. where can i get a new fuse block? mine is melted in one spot. it DOES have a trailer light setup that will be gone today as i am yanking the rear bumper and trailer lighting harness (aftermarket) to help clean up the look of the truck.

well i got the heater working. it works on high only but thats not to hard to deal with. most likely a bad switch. thats REAL easy to take care of. QUOTE]

There is a resistor that allows it to operat on the low speed setting. It is insid the heater. Has two wires going into it from the outside. Cant remember how it is accessed. Remove front cover i think. It is located towards the the top of the heater on the drivers side. On the inside there are two posts that the wires are attached to on the outside, there is a wire coil that goes between the posts(looks like a spring).

Pretty sure that you remove the front cover and look up inside towards the drivers side.

Did i confuse you

Jason

as of last night we, my buddy Tom and I, got all the tail lights working EXCEPT the plate light and reverse lights. we also got the rear bumper off and the trailer wiring removed. whoever hooked that up needs to be shot. all they did was strip part of the insulation and literally wrap the wire around the bare wire for the lights. then tape it. no wonder i have a fucked up fuse box. i also cleaned up the tail lights and epoxied the passenger side one back together. we also got he front bumper straightened out for the most part. now to fix the passenger bumper bracket. we also got the hood to open properly and the wipers to funtion ghetto stylez (zipties). tomorrow (today) is the day the front gets dropped, the reverse and plate lights are diagnosed and the interior is resealed and cleaned. i also found out i have a FACTORY windsheild in this truck. how cool is that. only 1 ding and a couple scratches. both of which i am not worried about. i will ahve some better pics tomorrow so yall can see it.

ok and which sensor is that. there are 2 shown. and which is which??? i am still working on this thing trying to get it done for Golden Gardens. also the oil light doesn't seem to work. i REALLY need to get a oil pressure guage for this thing. i dont want to throw a rod because it lost oil pressure. i prefer autometer gauges but what do you guys suggest otherwise on a budget?

Did you get the oil light fixed? Check the bulb by turning key to ON... it should light. If not ground the Black/Yellow wire at the sender on the pass side of block to the rear of the oil filter. If light comes on replace sender.

Soft brakes may be caused by the four wheel drum brakes needing to be adjusted up. Don't forget to adjust the parking brake when done. All of this will probably fix it and save you snapping one of the bleeder screws off. *&%$#'n bleeder screw! Honey can you drive me into town?

Did you get the oil light fixed? Check the bulb by turning key to ON... it should light. If not ground the Black/Yellow wire at the sender on the pass side of block to the rear of the oil filter. If light comes on replace sender.

Soft brakes may be caused by the four wheel drum brakes needing to be adjusted up. Don't forget to adjust the parking brake when done. All of this will probably fix it and save you snapping one of the bleeder screws off. *&%$#'n bleeder screw! Honey can you drive me into town?

i will look at that today. both the oil light and the brake adjustment. these are not self adjusters either huh? and i would adjust the parking brake except for the drivers cable is missing. ebay here i come!

as for the wife needing to drive me into town.... nope thats what my passat is for :D