need some ad's for 521's for sale,

few of us talked about this at canby, been having trouble getting a title transfered at the dmv. they won't transfer it because they can't put a value on it. 521 is not in the old car price guide. i have a bill of sale for $500 wich is what i paid for it but isn't good enough. so i need some ad's of 521's in the $3-$700 range. real or fake, doesn't matter to me.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds a little shady they won't accept your bill of sale.

Something is only worth what someone will pay for it.

You paid $500. There is the value.

What's wrong with your DoL? Can you go to a different one?

I'll search for some ads for ya.

I'd hate to see a 521 get put away forever.

been to 2 different ones now and the same thing,plus the bonus bummer is it's gonna cost me another $100 in late fee's when i can get it transferred.

few of us talked about this at canby, been having trouble getting a title transfered at the dmv. they won't transfer it because they can't put a value on it. 521 is not in the old car price guide. i have a bill of sale for $500 wich is what i paid for it but isn't good enough. so i need some ad's of 521's in the $3-$700 range. real or fake, doesn't matter to me.

That sucks, I think that washington is easy to get vehicle titles, you wouldn't beleave what I have pulled off. Does the truck run and drive? Sometimes if you have a photo of it that looks, well, like shit, they let it slide, if it doesn't drive at the moment, then tell them you don't want to license it, you just want to transfer the title, that gets the lower sales prices threw sometimes, I have had to take some photos of a vehicle to the department of revenue to get an appraisal, for tax purposes which sounds like your issue. It really helps if the engine is in the back of the truck in the photos. :lol:

Ted, i had an accord that i bought for 700, and they said it was worth more. they wanted me to fill out some bull shit and then charge me what they thought it was worth... even tho they didn't see it.

as for my 1980 720. it was a rusty piecer when i got it. the guy marked down i got it for 200, and went with me to the DMV and told them everything wrong with it. Rusted, brakes were bad, didn't really run, lights didn't work. windshield was busted etc...

The problem here is the economy is not that good right now, so these agencies are into one thing, creating revenue, they will lie to create revenue. The wa. city/state governments have just hired more new people to do just that, create revenue.

Here's one locally, not running, for $700.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/2444831897.html

selling my non running 521 pickup lowered 4 inches new tires new rims. new l18 motor with webber carb. 4 speed tranny. brand new clutch with 0 miles comes with everything. 700 need gone asap. pick and pull offered me 500 if not sold in 2 days they will be here to get it. very little rust call or text me at 253 273 6672

IMG_20110608_171014.jpg

IMG_20110608_171005.jpg

i would keep it and finish but im being fined to have it outside my house not running 80 dollars a day sucks need gone asap. just spent over 600 dollars on the motor alone

I just registered my 510 today in Washington state. bill of sale said 750$ on it. paid the tax on it. asked if it runs and drives. I said barely. That was that. I was out 30 seconds later. I never heard of them making it that much hassle.

Try NADAguides.com. Probably in the nadaguides.com/classic-cars/ section. You apply the make and model year etc. Example my nadaguides.com/classic-cars/1967/nissan-datsun/411/4door-sedan/values got me low, average and high retail with an explanation of what they consider the condition.

I just registered my 510 today in Washington state. bill of sale said 750$ on it. paid the tax on it. asked if it runs and drives. I said barely. That was that. I was out 30 seconds later. I never heard of them making it that much hassle.

your 510 is listed in the "old car price guide", 521's are not.

Take pictures of the truck and take it in to them, either that or trailer it to them and tell them to come outside and look at it... I went through this with my Tacoma. Even with a bill of sale and everything they still wanted to charge me taxes for book price. They wanted to see the original ad from when I purchased it... There is an official form that the DMV people should have on hand, its a pink paper that you can fill out where you list all the reasons that the vehicle was sold for that price and it says falsification of info is punishable by law and all that crap.

I probably made 15 trips to the DMV trying to get it straightened out because there was no way in hell I was going to pay 600 extra in taxes. I think the reason that the lady finally put it through is that I told her the truck was originally bought by a construction worker and then sold to a painter who I bought it off of and she was more than welcome to go outside and look at it, she didnt even look out the window, just reached over and grabbed the form and it was good to go. ...she did stick me with the late charges though but it was a hell of a lot better than the alternative. Some places will waive the late charges if youve got a good enough story...which yours should be.

With datsuns and tax, Ive gotten off pretty easy by just saying "are you serious? Its a damn datsun they didnt cost that much new"

Take pictures of the truck and take it in to them, either that or trailer it to them and tell them to come outside and look at it... I went through this with my Tacoma. Even with a bill of sale and everything they still wanted to charge me taxes for book price. They wanted to see the original ad from when I purchased it... There is an official form that the DMV people should have on hand, its a pink paper that you can fill out where you list all the reasons that the vehicle was sold for that price and it says falsification of info is punishable by law and all that crap.

I probably made 15 trips to the DMV trying to get it straightened out because there was no way in hell I was going to pay 600 extra in taxes. I think the reason that the lady finally put it through is that I told her the truck was originally bought by a construction worker and then sold to a painter who I bought it off of and she was more than welcome to go outside and look at it, she didnt even look out the window, just reached over and grabbed the form and it was good to go. ...she did stick me with the late charges though but it was a hell of a lot better than the alternative. Some places will waive the late charges if youve got a good enough story...which yours should be.

With datsuns and tax, Ive gotten off pretty easy by just saying "are you serious? Its a damn datsun they didnt cost that much new"

tried the last line, didn't work, but i'll go see if i can get that form. it's more of a pain in the ass than it should be.