1200 Hayabusa

Burabuda

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy FAWK!!!! ......... that is EXACTLY my dream car that I've been building in my head since before the Hartley H2 block was invented

it really looks like he spent the $8.5k on the Hartley H2 billet alluminum CNC'd lower crank-case/block.. .. it allows for mating it to a regular 5spd transmission for a car

because all sport bikes have the transmission casing cast as one piece with the lower crank case/block . Hartley also makes the H1 2.4L V8 siamese busa's motor

this one has a short drive shaft from the output sprocket on the hayabusa gearbox (yup the stock busa box) and from there to another driveshaft where the gearbox would be to the diff, biggest problem is the lack of reverse, easily overcome by using a truck starter as a electric reverse motor by adding a gear to the driveshaft..

OR here is another swap i have seen..

P2200113.jpg

starlet swaps often use the stock gearbox from the starlet, remove all gear except 4th (for the 1:1 ratio) and reverse and use a small drive shaft to the gearbox (with no bell housing) and then from the gearbox to the diff'.. so you are using the hayabusa box through 4th gear on the toyota box, then you press teh clutch and engage reverse and haev 6 reverse gears :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfXVWlxaKwk

here you can see the drive shaft from the hayabusa box to the second piece of the driveshaft in the 1200 before the vid plays and while the vid is playing you can see it too..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1BVemrCx5c

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

This looks interesting. I don't think the weight your making that poor motor move is going to be good for wear and longevity on the hardparts. Does the close ratios of the motorcycle gearbox pull the car well or are you just shifting all the time with little range per gear? It was hard to tell if the car was pulling hard in the drivebye video. Any idea how fast the car is 0-60 and 0-100. Hope this does'nt sound critical afterall. Looks like a hellofa fun ride.

if my 58 was'nt so original i would definately consider a transplant like this. I'm just thinking the counter gear only drives the chain to the rear tire on a bike which is very little wieght and low resistence, as apposed to connecting the counter gear to a driveshaft to a gearbox to a rearend. Just wonder if the busa tranny will hold up over time.

man that sounds good.... 180ish HP too.. as long as it holds up. I think I"d like to run the Zx14

Freaking awesome.However unless there is some big loapy cam in there. something sounds a bit off. Every busa ive heard sounds much more smooth then that.

Also whats most interesting is how the drive train is hooked up. Any info on that?

That sounds like my 07 zx10r when I ran it w/out the "Y" pipe and collector on it. Sounds like they only have about 4ft of exhaust on that thing.