Valve cover thread

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2eDeYe' date='21 July 2011 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1311293104' post='516650']My buddies did this one for Frank. It's really hard to capture the color and metal flake in a pic. It glints in real life :D

BTW, It's powder coat also.

Dude that is gorgeous! I need to decide how I want to have my valve covers on the VH done. Also wouldn't mind having the intake done as well. Could do it myself but I don't have a large enough oven.

2eDeYe' date='21 July 2011 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1311293104' post='516650']

Picture072.jpg

Picture071.jpg

Picture073.jpg

My buddies did this one for Frank. It's really hard to capture the color and metal flake in a pic. It glints in real life :D

BTW, It's powder coat also.

Could you hook me up with a deal with your buddies i would be interested in powder coating my valve cover. Since i started this thread? lol.gif But seriously mellow.gif

Dude that is gorgeous! I need to decide how I want to have my valve covers on the VH done. Also wouldn't mind having the intake done as well. Could do it myself but I don't have a large enough oven.

The pics do no justice to the pop and glint. You could try some heat lamps on the bigger stuff.

Could you hook me up with a deal with your buddies i would be interested in powder coating my valve cover. Since i started this thread? lol.gif But seriously mellow.gif

Give them a call or swing by their shop. Let them know I sent you and that your from ratsun. :)

• 6 months later...

Here is my Prismatic black L6 valve cover (also had a layer of CLEAR powder) and block done by Mike Golding(www.thepowdercoater.com). The Valve Cover is currently on the L28ET Maxima.

o71648363.jpg

Z!!!!!!

o71648815.jpg

It's like unicorn blood! Please tell me the car it is in is all beat to shit and rusty, so when you pop open the hood, it's like magic and skittles exploded all over the place. :)

It's like unicorn blood! Please tell me the car it is in is all beat to shit and rusty, so when you pop open the hood, it's like magic and skittles exploded all over the place. :)

pretty much....

before:

2010-06-19+22.42.44.jpg

During:

Swapping out better, straighter body panels(STILL NEED A LEFT FRONT FENDER!):

2010-08-22+19.14.16.jpg

just after the Rustoleum roller paint job...

DSCF9695.JPG

Looks like a street sign LOL

got bored and ended up spending 6 hours on my spare valve cover colors used duplicolor wheel finishes gun metal duplicolor silver duplicolor metalcast blue testers white the lettering and stripe are hand done with the white ill get better pics in the day ight tomorrow

07258107-orig.jpg

75CFBBC8-orig.jpg

• Like 1

Stopped into my buddies place to pick up some of my KA mounts that they powdercoated for me. They had this one on display. All powdercoat. :)

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

Dillon's rusty dime was in there getting some exhaust fuckery done on the new powerplant.

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

Mine used to be black with polished letters

IMG_2722.jpg

Then tried silver with blue letters

IMG_0024.jpg

But decided I was going to something else:

Bead blasted with polished letters, needs to be redone with some sort of clear coat, oil seepage and vapors stain the unfinished metal and makes it look nasty.

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg