something,soemthing,something.... datsun wagon

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks guys, i gave James artistic freedom so I'm not even 100% sure how it will turn out but i cant wait picking up the VG tomorrow the oil pan and mounts should be here next week I want to get this thing driving I have had it for a couple months and never drove it well at least not under its own power.O and it looks great James as always see you sunday

And we have paint .....................................

Black base, and some fine line tape

lasvagas11_1992.jpg

lasvagas11_1993.jpg

That's the ez part

This took awhile

lasvagas11_1994.jpg

lasvagas11_1995.jpg

This took about a min, I've had this very expensive paint for a few years. And figured it would look good on this goon. It is a 4 sided pearl $40 an oz. I had just enough to paint something small.

lasvagas11_1997.jpg

lasvagas11_1998.jpg

This is it cleared, it changes color

lasvagas11_2006.jpg

lasvagas11_1999.jpg

lasvagas11_2001.jpg

lasvagas11_2008.jpg

Now this goon is ready for that VG30

• 5 months later...

So it been awhile since any updates or any real progress on the project X-mas season is always super busy for me at work so haven't had much free time until now!

got the brake and clutch masters in and tomorrow it will be on its way to the brake shop for all new stainless steel brake lines should take about two weeks by the time thats done my motor and other supplies will be here

masters

utf-8BSU1BRzAyNzEuanBn.jpg

and on the trailer ready for the lines

utf-8BSU1BRzAyNzAuanBn.jpg

Little update for today no pictures though carbs and manifold have been ordered and my buddy is shipping my motor to me at the end of the week and there has be a change in plan for the motor no more vg

So, what are you doing with the distributor? I am sure you could sell it pretty easy.

2eDeYe' date='23 January 2012 - 07:30 PM' timestamp='1327375824' post='618528']

Those flames are hot! :cool:

Thanks I couldn't be happier with them and there not something you see on your average 510 the pictures don't do them any justice when you see them in person they change a bunch of different colors depending on how the light hits them

Very Nice! I remember that the "shaved goon" bre color scheme had the purple flames that were sick. Also done by James.. A nice touch to the engine bay.. What engine are ya going with? VQ35???

Was going to go carb'd vg30 but one of my buddies gave me a free n/a sr20 so the plan is a carb'd sr20 with dual mikuni 44 side drafts figure it's the best of both worlds newer motor with that nice old school feel from the dual carbs should be fun for now and once the projects done and running I would like to build a sr22 but thats going to be a while :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...