620 with X-terra wheels (pics)

Dispatchbdb

I just finished putting on my new wheels. They are 16" by 7" 2004 X-terra wheels with 205-60-16's. I used 1" spacers (the kind you bolt on) to set the wheels out a little. If I didn't space them, the fronts would have rubbed at full turn and the backs would have hit the leaf springs (barely). I'm running 4" inch tapered lowering blocks on the rear with the front torsion bars turned way down (not re-indexed). The wheels do not rub anywhere at all. I was running the stock wheels/hub caps, but one of them was bent. Thats why I got the new wheels. I actually liked the look of the stocks, but atleast my truck doesn't wobble anymore. I also adhered aluminum discs over the center caps to get rid of the Nissan symbol.

Wheels = $125. Tires = $330. Spacers w/lugs = $180.

Just thought someone might find this useful.

73Datsun001.jpg

73Datsun006.jpg

73Datsun004.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HMMMmmmmmmm,

My daily driver is an Xterra. Those really do look good on a 620. I had found a place on ebay in Southern California that chromes those and for a little over $400.00 You can trade Yours for Theirs. Imagine that truck with the same wheels chromed. Might look really nice on a black or dark colored truck.

Well I guess that I should have gotten them a year ago!! Now they are over $500.00! Here is the ebay link. They really do look very cool!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FACTORY-17-Nissan-Frontier-Xterra-Chrome-Wheels-Rims_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43957QQihZ022QQitemZ350031085760QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I got mine in ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSAN-6-Lug-Wheel-Adapter-Spacers-W-Lugs-1-50-2-Pcs_W0QQitemZ320217493458QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320217493458&_trksid=p3756.m20.l1116

It came with metric lug nuts cause the studs are metric.

Think only paid no more than $130

Not sure how much stress it puts on the wheel bearings for having these wheel spacers.

How does it look like without the center caps?

as far as stress goes, a lot of people run zero offset wheels without thinking about it. Those factory Nissan truck wheels are usually 25mm offset. 1" spacers are about 27mm so they basically cancel each other out. Its like running a zero offset wheel.

Looks good. I'm surprised they fit up front with those spacers. I ran 15x7 wheels and they cleared fine up front and barely cleared the fenders with only 205 width tires. In back I ran a 1/4 spacer ring. 1" would have filled out the fenders better.

as far as stress goes, a lot of people run zero offset wheels without thinking about it. Those factory Nissan truck wheels are usually 25mm offset. 1" spacers are about 27mm so they basically cancel each other out. Its like running a zero offset wheel.

Looks good. I'm surprised they fit up front with those spacers. I ran 15x7 wheels and they cleared fine up front and barely cleared the fenders with only 205 width tires. In back I ran a 1/4 spacer ring. 1" would have filled out the fenders better.

Bleach, he is running these wheels on a drum brake truck. The track width is 1.125" wider per side on the disc brake truck like yours was. That is why these fit good and look to have the proper offset after he added the 1" spacer.

Oh, yes the wheels look good on that truck.

Jason

quote=Bleach;43118]as far as stress goes, a lot of people run zero offset wheels without thinking about it. Those factory Nissan truck wheels are usually 25mm offset. 1" spacers are about 27mm so they basically cancel each other out. Its like running a zero offset wheel.

With those spacers and 205/50/15 Tires, it's about the maximum you can have in there.

I know I can fit 225/50/15 but it will definetly rub on the fenders.

flares anyone?

My bed does have a strange rust pattern to it. It almost looks like someone sanded it with 80 grit sandpaper and never finished it. I do plan to repaint sometime the summer. I have no rust right now and I want to keep it that way.

Here's a requested shot of the interior:

73Datsun010.jpg

I know its goofy, bright, and its orange. I thought it would be fun, something different I guess. The material is from a 60's VW bus and the steering wheel is metalflake red from Mooneyes. C.D. player with 5.25 speakers in the stock locations. Painted the floorboards with POR-15 type paint. Its a little dirty in the picture.

Here a requested picture of my 63' Econoline:

10-01003.jpg

It's a work in progress.

Thanks for all of the compliments.