keys....

Shagy

Some locksmiths are better than others. I have gotten Datsun keys made in Clackamas, by a locksmith on Old 82 drive, next to Tombstone music.

Another locksmith I tried in Tualatin, did not have the correct blanks.

Just try different locksmiths, if they charge a ridiculous price.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor key for a 510 door and trunk ... Single sided key

Well that narrows it down. Compare your key to this Taylor chart

first key shape (single-sided) comes in 4 types (Note the little diagrams next to the first key)

21989.jpg

Datsun used 4 different single-sided door keys with the 510s:

Type 1

Type 3

Type 4

Type 9

Each type had two variations in looks. The replacments from Nissan are yet different in looks.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bring this up,

I'm having a problem. I recently not long ago I purchased a1969 datsun 510 4door and I can't find my car key, I look all over the place and nothing. Anyone can tell me what's the code or type of key blank to tell the locksmith guy. He has no info or blanks for my 69 datsun 510 4door. Any help guys or another type of key that will match and work for my 69 datsun 510. I remember when I purchased the car previous owner gave me 1 key and work for all doors, gas door and ignition. One key for all.

I bought the full lock set off ebay from Singapore.  1 key for all 4 locks 60 bucks.

My situation was the po had those special locks (like soda machine locks) in the trunk and gas cap, but no key!

Worked for me.

I bought the full lock set off ebay from Singapore.  1 key for all 4 locks 60 bucks.

My situation was the po had those special locks (like soda machine locks) in the trunk and gas cap, but no key!

Worked for me.

Solex. A locksmith would have made you one for $20

type of key blank to tell the locksmith guy. He has no info or blanks for my 69 datsun 510 4door.

I got mine at Lowe's. Its just a standard Nissan/Subaru key. Just visually make sure if the lock uses right-hand or left-hand key per the diagram above.

type of key blank to tell the locksmith guy. He has no info or blanks for my 69 datsun 510 4door.

I got mine at Lowe's. Its just a standard Nissan/Subaru key. Just visually make sure if the lock uses right-hand or left-hand key per the diagram above (X6 or X7).