Outlaw 38 and promised pics

First things first I didn't do the swap, so if you have any questions about that I won't be able to answer them. I didn't have the patience, so I payed the local shop by my work to do it. Big props to Westsound Automotive in silverdale for hooking me up!

I've read about alot of people having issues with shifting gears and it being rough. I have a new clutch, and most of my drivetrain is new. New alternator, and iridium spark plugs. A few things I think alot of people overlook when they are putting things on their vehicles. I have the stock exhaust, and for the most part everything on my truck is stock.

I do believe in paying someone who can do a better job than me too!

Now that's out of the way

This thing is a fucking beast! Idles smooooth, much quieter than my stock carb was. The boost in power is unbelievable, being able to go from 35 to 65 within a couple seconds is new to my old truck, so passing a bunch of douchers in their prius's was amazing real quick. I'm noticing I have to rev it a little more shifting into 1st than I did before, but it doesn't catch as hard as i was expecting it to. You do have to be careful from 2nd to 3rd though if you have a passenger you don't want to smack their head on the window. If you want to do that then fucking gun it.

So now onto the exhaust right...?

2011-05-17165043_Bremerton_Washington_US.jpg

2011-05-18174608.jpg

2011-05-18174544.jpg

2011-05-18174532.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks ok except they didn't put a new filter assembly on the breather coming off the valve cover. Get something on there or you might have a mess to clean up soon. You can get them cheap at any parts store.

I've got a couple things in my nose. And a couple hundred if you look close at those imported Australian black opals in 14k gold/Palladium pure prongsets in my nostrils.

Don't get me started on jewelry ;)

Now I get the Impaler part. :lol: Fuck happend to your ear?

I put a breather on already and cleaned out all of the emissions crap.

I'm a piercer!

And gauges are what's in your dash, not your ear! I wear jewelry!

It's a great install. I don't have one complaint. If you guys give me some contact info I'm sure there will be more to do soon. I have to get around to lowering the back still so if you want to come over some time and help with that you are more than welcome to.

I'm so used to spending all my time on jewelry and piercer forums I forget that the rest of the world I'm interacting with doesn't know what I look like! I'm not a mechanic hahaha.

Crappy, I've passed up a couple things when I first got my truck that I didn't realize until later. I just buy stuff now and sell if later if I can't use it or don't need it.

SWEET! I saw one of these at the local junkyard on the shelf with a pricetag of $75 on it. I shoulda snagged it.

Went back a few days later with cash and it was gone :(

I've noticed! I think it's because 720's are still common enough to come across parts, but uncommon enough where you start to horde them when you find them.

I'm a hoarder.....must hoard......hoarding is good :D

This seems to be the consensus when I talk to guys about this. I know that soon enough I'm going to have to revamp my fuel system, but I've got soo many things on my plate with the truck as is.

Sealik have you had any experiences with running an FPR?

With the stock fuel return system still hooked up like it is, no FPR is necessary. I've run that way for years, but plug off the return line and it floods bad.

It's what happens! I've been a piercer for close to 10 years so I've never had to think about that, nor would I really change much. I just wasn't wearing jewelry that day, I was sanding my girl down!

Your ear will shrink down, and if you ever want there are alot of guys that do earlobe reconstruction now.

Niiiice Zack... Swap and Piercings... I had a few but had to take em out when i quit kragen and became a mechanic... I had 1" havent wore them in 6 months and my ear looks like this.. lol ear.jpg

This seems to be the consensus when I talk to guys about this. I know that soon enough I'm going to have to revamp my fuel system, but I've got soo many things on my plate with the truck as is.

Sealik have you had any experiences with running an FPR?

I've run a 32/36 with and without.....no difference.

As datsunaholic stated....as long as the return line is functional.....no issues

Good to have that line close to the carb though.

I do have one installed......like to dial it in at 1 or 2 when I feel 'green'......... ;) :lol:

The truck runs great even with the manifold, but I'm sure I will end up switching. I'm taking Skibs advice and I'll collect the pieces as they come.

I did however re-crack a sealed head gasket. There was some leaking issues with my head already, and I asked the mechanic to look at it, he said it was just a leaking hose. Even though it's obviously coming from the head. I looked again this morning and it's leaking at the back of the head where I had some problems before that I fixed with some sealant.

Which all of this sucks because I did ask him to look at it.

I emailed Datdoug to see if he can come help fix it, but if he can't anyone else up to it? I've got pot and money!